Premed 101 Forums

very few verifiers

I have very few verifiers. The reason for that is I have put single verifier for many activities. For all my research activities I have put research supervisor as verifier, for my awards I put registrar's office and for high school activities a teacher. Is it okay to have few verifiers ?

I think that's fine. I'm trying to keep the amount of verifiers I have to a minimum just so there are less people for them to track down. I have employment, research, and a bunch of other activities that I did in the same department with profs all from the same research group, but I'm just using one of the profs as the verifier for all of it rather than getting six different people involved.

^ That's an optimistic view.

To me it means you're not using the best verifier.

Things like awards and stuff I understand... but each volunteer position should have their own verifier. Most EC's will probably have their own verifiers too (except individual activities). Jobs etc. i.e. a prof I know could essentially verify a bunch of activities for me, but why would I do that rather than getting the actual supervisor?

It also depends on your number of activities too.

I think it's okay to have few verifiers. From what I understand, a verifier can be contacted for verifying an activity that you were a part of. That's all. I don't think it's like contacting a referee and asking whether this person was good/bad at what they have said they did in that activity. So, as long as the verifier has the information about time spent and your responsibilities for that activity, I think you are fine.

I think it's okay to have few verifiers. From what I understand, a verifier can be contacted for verifying an activity that you were a part of. That's all. I don't think it's like contacting a referee and asking whether this person was good/bad at what they have said they did in that activity. So, as long as the verifier has the information about time spent and your responsibilities for that activity, I think you are fine.

I agree, to me it is like citing a reference in a paper... sure it could be nice to have the primary source as your citation, but all you need is a credible source that backs up the information... not necessarily an expert on the topic...

Because they barely contact verifiers, and from what I hear the questions are very basic if they do ("do you know so and so", "did they do such and such"), I feel that little is gained by having uber specific verifiers... That being said there is no harm, and if such a verifier exists, why not? I personally have about 10 verifiers, but most of my activities are with one charity... and I know the president personally, and he is happy to be the verifier for it all.

Archived