Premed 101 Forums

submit MCAT scores?

icedcapp05

I'm in the same boat and looking for advice on submitting 11PS/9VR/11BS/R as an OOP applicant.

My GPA is 3.98 according to the OMSAS conversion, but I'm not sure whether my MCAT scores would help or hurt me. I'm a Grad student finishing my MSc this year.

Pro: I actually wrote the MCAT (I figure lots of OOP applicants might not write the MCAT).

Con: I don't think my MCAT scores accurately reflect my academic record.

Yep I hear ya.....my MCAT's 12/10/10 and my OMSAS GPA is only 3.85 (......not nearly as high as yours).

Although I'm hearing the OOP avg GPA is usually higher, so I'm debating if I should even apply....:S

I'm in the same boat and looking for advice on submitting 11PS/9VR/11BS/R as an OOP applicant.

My GPA is 3.98 according to the OMSAS conversion, but I'm not sure whether my MCAT scores would help or hurt me. I'm a Grad student finishing my MSc this year.

Pro: I actually wrote the MCAT (I figure lots of OOP applicants might not write the MCAT).

The way I see it is you should submit your MCAT scores if that's what you want to show off.

The word I got from the Admissions Office is that it's a either-or situation, meaning that if you send the MCAT, that's what they'll use. One or the other, but not both.

So when you say

then I think the answer is clear.

So to me, don't send them unless you are proud of them... more proud of what you got in class. And if it's a toss-up, then I'd say stick with the grades as it will most likely be that those who DO send MCAT results will have wickidly-sick scores.

That's my impression.

Archived