Premed 101 Forums

Interview

Probio

I have two questions that maybe some of you guys can answer for me please!

1) I heard the questions that UWO and UT ask during interview are ONLY scenarios and case studies to see if you have the right 'personality' to become a dentist. And they never ask things like 'tell me about yourself' or 'why do you want to become a dentist' or 'list your greatest achievements'. Is this true?

2) I noticed that the average for getting accepted for interview is lower than the average for getting into dental school (~85% for interview but ~89% for acceptance). So does this mean that if my average is below 89%, even if I do get to interview, there is a very slim chance of me actually getting accepted unless my interview marks are extremely high?

I have two questions that maybe some of you guys can answer for me please!

1) I heard the questions that UWO and UT ask during interview are ONLY scenarios and case studies to see if you have the right 'personality' to become a dentist. And they never ask things like 'tell me about yourself' or 'why do you want to become a dentist' or 'list your greatest achievements'. Is this true?

2) I noticed that the average for getting accepted for interview is lower than the average for getting into dental school (~85% for interview but ~89% for acceptance). So does this mean that if my average is below 89%, even if I do get to interview, there is a very slim chance of me actually getting accepted unless my interview marks are extremely high?

Hello,

1) For UofT, they ask 7 behavioural/situational questions and that's it. They do ask you to write the personality test after though. For UWO, you also get those same kind of 7 questions, but they also ask those "traditional" questions in the end. Some were asked why do you want to become a dentist, some were asked what do you like to do in your free time, etc. Don't know why they are asked though!

2) I don't think anyone can tell you for sure, but it does seem like higher the grades, the higher your chances will be. If your marks are just around the borderline of around 85, you may have some difficulty getting in, but I heard some people getting in with early acceptance even with that kinda mark, so interview definitely matters a lot! So if you get an interview, you have a legitimate chance of getting in so practice hard and do well and you will definitely get in. lots of people get in with less than 89, and probably about the same number get in with higher than that so...but I did notice more people getting in right away with around 90+ marks, and those with less (or in 3rd year) seem to get in after being waitlisted first...so marks probably do matter a lot as well...hard to answer this!

The interview is usually preceded by the evaluation of submitted resumes from interested candidates, then selecting a small number of candidates for interviews. Potential job interview opportunities also include networking events and career fairs. The job interview is considered one of the most useful tools for evaluating potential employees.

Custom Essay

Archived