Premed 101 Forums

Urgent

Just one last quick question and I can send in my application!

I am just wondering about being considered a francophone application. I see it says do you consider yourself francophone, and if you can't tick either i or ii off you can write a description to say why you think you're francophone. If I do this and write the description am I considered a francophone applicant? If so, and I fail the french test am I able to be considered an english applicant? Can I say yes I am francophone, write the description but be considered an english applicant with a good knowledge of the french language?

I assume a FrancoPHONE means you can speak french like a native speaker/its your first language. But someone else might know better. I can speak French pretty well but I am not putting it down as a language I speak fluently or that I am a Francophone. I think it would look bad if one were to put down they were a Francophone and fail the french test or at least do poorly.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
from what I hear the french test is a joke.....don't worry about failing it. If you can justify your qualifications in french, you should be fine.....

I have heard from other applicants in previous years that their test was easy; however I have also heard a couple people say their test was grueling, and that they had to demonstrate that they met the criteria of francophone (parent french or everyday use) AS WELL as be fluent in french.

I have no idea whether you'd be considered an Engligh applicant if you failed; but I'm sure that wouldn't look very good on your application : S

good luck

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info! I got ahold of someone from the school (unfortunately after I sent in my application) but still thought I'd share the info in case someone in future years needs it. If you apply as a french applicatant you have the option to do one of your interview questions in french, but the rest of the interview is in english. After the interview you spend about 10 minutes with someone from the school just having a french conversation. If they think you did fine you stay as a french applicant, if they are not impressed with your french you are then considered in the english pool. They also said it's no big deal if you end up failing the french part, that it will not affect your application :)

Archived