Premed 101 Forums

Waterloo..

Hey guys ! I just wanted to get some information about Waterloo's Kinesiology program. How are the courses structured, like do u have a few lecture courses daily then some hands on type courses? I'm really eager to know how exactly Kine Labs and Kine classes in general work.. I doubt they are like 200+ students like the lectures, or are they??

I would appreciate any information about Kine co op at waterloo.

Also, Can anyone share how their co op placement was like in Kine??

I read their online site, and saw alot of their sample co op jobs, and most are like physical trainer, lifeguard etc... I was hoping it would be something cooler? lol please share ur experiences.

I don't know much as I am searching for same answers as you, but I do know somethings.

Kine at waterloo is heavily science based unlike York, which is art based.

You will be taking courses like bio, chem, physics, fitness/health, calculus type courses during first year.

Co-op will help a lot later on because you can meet/work with a lot of people, and in process you can make friends, and get references. Plus, you can pay for university by yourself with money from co-op.

Also, 'cool jobs' depends on what satisfies the person, for me all the sample jobs seem interesting ;p

Other than these basic stuff, I don't know much

I don't know much as I am searching for same answers as you, but I do know somethings.

Kine at waterloo is heavily science based unlike York, which is art based.

You will be taking courses like bio, chem, physics, fitness/health, calculus type courses during first year.

Co-op will help a lot later on because you can meet/work with a lot of people, and in process you can make friends, and get references. Plus, you can pay for university by yourself with money from co-op.

Also, 'cool jobs' depends on what satisfies the person, for me all the sample jobs seem interesting ;p

Other than these basic stuff, I don't know much

Untrue. York has 2 streams - science and arts. They're getting rid of the arts stream though.

Hey guys ! I just wanted to get some information about Waterloo's Kinesiology program. How are the courses structured, like do u have a few lecture courses daily then some hands on type courses? I'm really eager to know how exactly Kine Labs and Kine classes in general work.. I doubt they are like 200+ students like the lectures, or are they??

I would appreciate any information about Kine co op at waterloo.

Also, Can anyone share how their co op placement was like in Kine??

I read their online site, and saw alot of their sample co op jobs, and most are like physical trainer, lifeguard etc... I was hoping it would be something cooler? lol please share ur experiences.

The program at Waterloo is small. People are tight knit (with professors as well). The faculty itself is awesome. Profs are really good and it is heavily science based. There are hands on type courses later on - like athletic therapy courses where you can learn how to tape and what not.

You can find cooler jobs by searching for them. You can work in a research lab which is awesome because you really get the application part of the kinesiology. Waterloo kine program is ranked #1 so far, especially if you choose to go into biomechanics/motor control specialization. I can talk about the research aspect of kine all day long because it's that exciting and interesting. The coolest part is doing 3D Kinematics and thankfully, the field is shifting in that direction right now.

Archived