Premed 101 Forums

Prerequisite GPA??

champ

From their website:

The assessment of basic science performance is based upon a candidate's academic results in the relevant science prerequisite courses as undertaken either in college, university, or acceptable pre-university alternatives as described in the basic science requirements.

future_doc: You know, I have to say that a lot of your posts here seem to be out of date. Just sayin'

From their website:

future_doc: You know, I have to say that a lot of your posts here seem to be out of date. Just sayin'

They say that they take the science GPA into consideration, but really all they look at is the cGPA (usually). FD is fine, nobody here needs your little reminder. Just sayin'

So I attended a university with a numerical grading scale for 1.5 years then transferred to another that used a letter scale within ontario. I know what my cgpa is for my entire post-secondary education as I applied thru OMSAS and that calculated it for me. I just wanted to be sure when calculating my science pre reqs at mcgill. Just to be certain it is not too low.

For arguments sake.. this school had .5 unit lecture and .25 Lab components with separate grades. So I could just multiply the lecture grade by 3 and the lab grade by 1.5 and divide by 4.5 to equal one course? and leave it as a percentage? or will they convert that combined numerical score to gpa? and then each combined course will be averaged out of a 4.0 scale to give the overal science pre req gpa?

Archived