Premed 101 Forums

upgrade year question, please help!

nobreath

Just wondering if an upgrade year done over January and Summer semesters would be considered a regular upgrade year, calculated in my GPA normally, last 2 years, all 4 etc... ? And at what schools would this work for ?

Thank you very much!

It would for Mac for sure as they take everything but most other schools do require the Sept to Apr style taking of things I believe.

woop woop

MAC only ? really ? seems odd that other schools wouldn't put non sep-apr into the calculations

my plan would be to take a full time jan and summer, but if it wont count for GPA purposes, i might just take part time

any other info ? i've searched and have not found much..

woop woop

MAC only ? really ? seems odd that other schools wouldn't put non sep-apr into the calculations

my plan would be to take a full time jan and summer, but if it wont count for GPA purposes, i might just take part time

any other info ? i've searched and have not found much..

yeah there remains that bias towards the "traditional" school year. If you were in a coop program or have some other reason to go out of sync many schools will use that but if it is just an additional year you won't likely much additional consideration I believe.

lame

hard to believe that only MAC will put everything into GPA calculation, regardless of traditional layout of the year or full time status.

i'm pretty sure US schools don't care

Mac is not the only school. Check out the OMSAS document or the school websites for current information. For instance, I think UT or Queen's includes all courses taken while at university. Am I right? Probably not, check the document.

Archived