Premed 101 Forums

Full course load in 4th year

I'll start with a bit of background regarding my situation. I'm a third year right now in science but I did a year of engineering before transferring. So as it stands right now, I will complete the requirements of my degree by taking only 18 credits in 4th year. My school is on a 30 credit system.

So my question is: Do I lose the weighted GPA by only taking 18 credits? Also, how does U of T know I only took 18 credits in 4th year if the application deadline is at the beginning of 4th year?

I'll start with a bit of background regarding my situation. I'm a third year right now in science but I did a year of engineering before transferring. So as it stands right now, I will complete the requirements of my degree by taking only 18 credits in 4th year. My school is on a 30 credit system.

So my question is: Do I lose the weighted GPA by only taking 18 credits? Also, how does U of T know I only took 18 credits in 4th year if the application deadline is at the beginning of 4th year?

You will lose the weighted GPA.

When you send your transcript, it shows what courses you are registered in for 4th year. That's how.

- Lupe :cool:

Registered courses can change. What's to stop you from registering for a full course load and then dropping courses?

It's based on your past academic history, not current. You just have to complete your degree. It's a big risk to take though, unless you're absolutely sure you're getting into meds in 4th year.

Registered courses can change. What's to stop you from registering for a full course load and then dropping courses?

It's based on your past academic history, not current. You just have to complete your degree. It's a big risk to take though, unless you're absolutely sure you're getting into meds in 4th year.

that's my understanding of things as well. Personally I wouldn't risk it either but you should be fine for the current year. They don't evaluate you on what you might do in the future, only what you have done in the past :)

Archived