Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Score Shocker: Where to go from here?

Epsilon

I have always been extremely doubtful of my ability to get into med school. My relative, a doctor, used to frequently say that I didn't stand a chance of getting in. I think that, and other factors, added to my self doubt. Anyway, I got a good GPA of 3.81 in university. I studied my butt off all summer, but I was sure that I would miserably fail the MCATs.

And so I have focused most of my energy and attention to getting into the Caribbean, Ireland and Australia. I didn't conceive that I would really be competitive in Canada. But today I looked at my MCAT mark, and to my astonishment, it is a 33S.

I've applied to 4 Ontario schools, and also plan to apply to Calgary and McGill. Are there any other schools that I should apply to now as well?

Just thought I'd share my relief and ask for your guidance. Thanks!

Are you from UC by any chance?

If yes then I think we know each other =)

I have always been extremely doubtful of my ability to get into med school. My relative, a doctor, used to frequently say that I didn't stand a chance of getting in. I think that, and other factors, added to my self doubt. Anyway, I got a good GPA of 3.81 in university. I studied my butt off all summer, but I was sure that I would miserably fail the MCATs.

And so I have focused most of my energy and attention to getting into the Caribbean, Ireland and Australia. I didn't conceive that I would really be competitive in Canada. But today I looked at my MCAT mark, and to my astonishment, it is a 33S.

I've applied to 4 Ontario schools, and also plan to apply to Calgary and McGill. Are there any other schools that I should apply to now as well?

Congrats.

Depending on where you are considered resident and how much time and money you would be willing to invest, there are still some Canadian med schools where the deadline has not passed yet:

U of Manitoba: Oct. 8

Memorial U: Oct. 15

U of Sask: Oct. 29

U of Alberta: Nov. 1.

There are also the French universities if you can pass their French language tests.

Good luck!

I have always been extremely doubtful of my ability to get into med school. My relative, a doctor, used to frequently say that I didn't stand a chance of getting in. I think that, and other factors, added to my self doubt.

Wow, instead of making you doubtful about medical school, that should make you stronger... you gotta prove to him that you can get into medschool now :cool:

Try some american medschools too... Its a lot easier to come back to Canada to do your residency than from the Carribean.

Try some american medschools too... Its a lot easier to come back to Canada to do your residency than from the Carribean.

Although some of the US med school deadlines have not passed yet, they have a rolling-admission. Just something for you to consider.

to answer the question in the title.. i'd say to go to....

MED SCHOOL HEHEHEHHE.

grats

Archived