Premed 101 Forums

Current Year Marks

Snoopy136

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if our current year marks factor into the application process in any way? Or do medical schools just require our transcripts to ensure prereqs are completed? Does anyone know if there are any medical schools in Canada that DO factor in your current year marks? Any input would be appreciated, as I'm finding it hard to get information from the med schools this time of year!

Thanks in advance!

It depends on the school. No school considers winter of the current year, except if you REALLY bomb in which case they may revoke your acceptance. Some schools consider fall marks, though. University of Alberta does, Calgary and the Ontarios don't. Don't know about any of the others.

Like FD says though, they will factor in if you need to apply a second time.

Yeah that's what I gathered, Alberta seems to look at current year marks. Thanks for the replies guys, if anyone else has info about any other schools post it here!

And that really sucks for your friend, I feel for her. Any idea how bad you have to bomb for them to take such action? I'm definitely not trying as hard this year lol

Archived