Premed 101 Forums

Western Class of 2014 Profile

The new class profile for the class of 2014 is now uploaded on Western Dentistry's page...looks like RC and AA stayed the same (18 and 20) but to be interviewed jumped from ~83 to 85!! I wonder if thats any indication of how this upcoming cycle will be. Any thoughts?

Good luck to all!

I don't get it...how can 72.3% be used? It says minimum is 80...haha weird.

Anyways, here are the links

For 2014: http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/dentistry/documents/Statistics_Class_2014_Web_Version.pdf

For 2013: http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/dentistry/documents/Statistics_Class2013.pdf

Is this 72.3% average a two-year best or four year overall? Either way it must belong to that one PhD student.

Sooo I just submitted my Western dent app. Very early, I know. Is there like a site we check to see if we get an interview/get accepted or is everything just done through email?

You are notified if you get an interview.

That said, the "Activities" section... I've been in school fulltime continuously, like most people. So presumably I just leave that section blank? o_O I've been employed during the year and in summer but it says to leave it out if I was still a fulltime student.

Just a quick question about the conversion from A,B,C grade system to percentage for Western.

Lets say, in the chart, there is a range for A , 85-89 , Does Western take the average 87.5 ?

Also A+ is 90-100 , so they consider 95 to be A+ ?

Thank you All

*** Also, the application does not have any space fo volunteer works or EC activities !! Am I missing something or is it that Western DOES NOT Care at all about them ?

How about research activities ?

That said, the "Activities" section... I've been in school fulltime continuously, like most people. So presumably I just leave that section blank? o_O I've been employed during the year and in summer but it says to leave it out if I was still a fulltime student.

I would suggest calling UWO to ask them about this. The application basically consists of your GPA and DAT score, so the activity section is a good way for UWO to learn more about you:)

I would suggest calling UWO to ask them about this. The application basically consists of your GPA and DAT score, so the activity section is a good way for UWO to learn more about you:)

I was actually going to submit a supplemental CV just for the hell of it. They obviously have no obligation to read it, but if they do, it might help.

But you're right. I'll call them on Monday and see if they have any advice for me.

Archived