Premed 101 Forums

IP Guaranteed Interview?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Not true. I know of one who interviewed two years ago, but did not get an interview this past year.

What would you say would have to be one's MCAT and AGPA (assuming the dropped credits are before the interview) for a guaranteed interview? This is for IP

Also, does the rural coefficient enhance the interview chances, or is it only taken into account afterwards in the score including the interview? I'd get the max amount I'm assuming, since I can check all the boxes in the application.

Thanks

What would you say would have to be one's MCAT and AGPA (assuming the dropped credits are before the interview) for a guaranteed interview? This is for IP

Also, does the rural coefficient enhance the interview chances, or is it only taken into account afterwards in the score including the interview? I'd get the max amount I'm assuming, since I can check all the boxes in the application.

Thanks

...enhances chances of both an interview and a final acceptance. You might or might not max out on your rural score, depending on the significance/length of your rural volunteer/work/leadership experiences. Either way you're probably in good shape if you have checks all around for that section.

Thanks

There really is no such thing as a "guaranteed interview". The minimums to apply are AGPA 3.30 on the 4.5 scale, and minimums of 7 on each MCAT section with an M. Theoretically this could be a "guaranteed interview", but likely if you barely just meet both criteria you won't be competitive and won't be granted an interview. Just barely being granted an interview shouldn't really give you hope. You have to really feel bad for those who get interviews with low scores in both, as it is very rare that an applicant like this actually gets admissions.

Archived