Premed 101 Forums

I forgot to state an interview location preference

Well, it's been a week since applications were submitted, and I just realized that I forgot to select a preference for my interview city for NOSM. Will this get me in trouble? Will I still be offered an interview if I otherwise qualify?

Looking at my application summary, for that question, it indicates "no preference." In reality, I don't have a preference; I live in Sault Ste. Marie, and I've been interviewed in both Sudbury and Thunder Bay, in the past. For me, there are pros and cons with traveling to either city.

Do you think it will reflect poorly upon me that I didn't have a preference?

No. It means less work for them. Saying where you want to interview has no reflection on which campus you'd want to study at, either.

Last year, I wrote no preference and got an interview at Thunder Bay. This year I clicked Sudbury (1.5hrs vs. 16 or so).

Well, it's been a week since applications were submitted, and I just realized that I forgot to select a preference for my interview city for NOSM. Will this get me in trouble? Will I still be offered an interview if I otherwise qualify?

Looking at my application summary, for that question, it indicates "no preference." In reality, I don't have a preference; I live in Sault Ste. Marie, and I've been interviewed in both Sudbury and Thunder Bay, in the past. For me, there are pros and cons with traveling to either city.

Tony from admissions got back to me a week ago because I had the same problem. Turns out of you forget to state a location preference, they assume that you have no rural experience or that your previous connection with Ontario municipalities is misleading. You can get in very big trouble because they will begin to investigate claims made on your supplementary app and essay. This may just be a rumour, but they may refuse to review future applications if things get this serious.

I would suggest you do a chargeback on your credit card (if you need help on how to do this pm me) for the OMSAS application, then e-mail OMSAS and tell them your preference. Then you can resubmit your payment and everything will be fixed. If you don't dispute the charge on your card, OMSAS will not take you seriously and you will have to pay twice to make the modification to your file.

Tony from admissions got back to me a week ago because I had the same problem. Turns out of you forget to state a location preference, they assume that you have no rural experience or that your previous connection with Ontario municipalities is misleading. You can get in very big trouble because they will begin to investigate claims made on your supplementary app and essay. This may just be a rumour, but they may refuse to review future applications if things get this serious.

I would suggest you do a chargeback on your credit card (if you need help on how to do this pm me) for the OMSAS application, then e-mail OMSAS and tell them your preference. Then you can resubmit your payment and everything will be fixed. If you don't dispute the charge on your card, OMSAS will not take you seriously and you will have to pay twice to make the modification to your file.

Seriously? What is wrong with you? Why are you acting like such a tool on a website designed to help others....Grow up.

Archived