Premed 101 Forums

Confused ... Calculation of Percentage for UWO

When I asked Trish to confirm how they calculate their percentage she said:

Should a grade from a course be equivalent to a range of percentages at Western, we take the middle value of that range. We convert the academic achievement of each course in a year, and then calculate the academic average for that year, in terms of Western standards.

But then how do people in the western profiles have averages of 98 ?!?

Isn't any grade between 90-100 (according to the OMSAS scale) calculated as a 95?

I believe those people have grades in percentages and hence, do not need to be "converted".

When I asked Trish to confirm how they calculate their percentage she said:

Should a grade from a course be equivalent to a range of percentages at Western, we take the middle value of that range. We convert the academic achievement of each course in a year, and then calculate the academic average for that year, in terms of Western standards.

But then how do people in the western profiles have averages of 98 ?!?

Isn't any grade between 90-100 (according to the OMSAS scale) calculated as a 95?

• 3 months later...

I go to U of T and we're given our marks in letter grade, gpa, and percentages....

Do they just take our %s in calculating the average or are my letter grades converted to midvalue of that range set for western? :S

so... if i have a 92% in a course at u of t, is it taken as 92 or 95..? (midvalue of A+: 90-100)

confusedddd > . <

Archived