Premed 101 Forums

How long for a blister to heal?

I had a wart frozen with liquid nitrogen on the palm of my hand which caused a blister to form. How long does it take for the blister to heal?

If its a anything like I've had.. (a normal blister? haha ive never had a wart frozen off or anything like that before) a few days.

If its a anything like I've had.. (a normal blister? haha ive never had a wart frozen off or anything like that before) a few days.

It's been almost two weeks and it's still there. Do you think it's still there because I have been keeping it covered with medical tape?

I had a wart frozen with liquid nitrogen on the palm of my hand which caused a blister to form. How long does it take for the blister to heal?

According to wikipedia, the blister formation is a normal part of the cryosurgery (freezing it with liquid nitrogen). Also according to wikipedia they're generally supposed to go away within a few days. You can call healthlink Alberta and explain to the nurse on the other end of the line the situation- they might be able to tell you whether or not that's normal after getting a wart frozen off or if you should get your butt in to a doc. If you don't live in AB, pretty sure it'd still be ok for you to call (it says "if you live in province" at the top of this: http://www.healthlinkalberta.ca/default.htm webpage, but if you don't mind paying a bit of long distance, I don't know if they'd have a problem with you phoning). Or if your province/health region has something similar you can try that too. I know the Alberta line operates 24/7, so you don't have to worry about calling during business hours:)

Archived