Premed 101 Forums

2011 Interview Discussion

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True. I'm grateful that a "pre-interview" thread wasn't started for all of the schools. Doesn't seem overly productive at this point.

My apologies.... that was my doing and it wasn't intended to be a pre-interview thread. I was expecting Queen's to be similar to the previous year, and start sending out invites/rejections in mid-december, allowing you to report and estimate the cutoffs and relieve anyone in waiting based on the initial results.

Queen's seems to be throwing curve-balls though, so I'm quite sorry for adding to everyone's anxiety... I meant well lol.

My apologies.... that was my doing and it wasn't intended to be a pre-interview thread. I was expecting Queen's to be similar to the previous year, and start sending out invites/rejections in mid-december, allowing you to report and estimate the cutoffs and relieve anyone in waiting based on the initial results.

Queen's seems to be throwing curve-balls though, so I'm quite sorry for adding to everyone's anxiety... I meant well lol.

Well, I think that if you didn't start this thread, someone else would have, if only to debate if the cutoff is a Q or an R this year. That's what happens when a school uses different cutoffs each year. lol

There is a baby delivering station though. If the baby comes out during your time alloted, you are told right on the spot if you're in or not. If it doesn't come out....well.....that means 6 more weeks of waiting thereafter.

....i fainted during the "breeching" component of the birthing video played to my emergency responder class. fml?

It'll be something like this ↓

before the interview, a DRILL SERGEANT will meet you in the staging area. you will do CALISTHENICS to get warmed up. in the hallway leading to the interview room, there will be BLACK BELTS from five different martial arts, of which you must spar and defeat at least three. you will be required to PICK THE LOCK to the interview room itself using the tools won in your sparring matches. once inside the room, the actual interview scenario will be written in cipher, which you must DECRYPT. the interview panel will consist of people who speak English, French, or Canadian, but not all three, you must be FLUENT in all of the above. when the buzzer sounds to end the station, you must immediately leave the room and ARMY CRAWL to the next room to avoid being hit by the SNIPERS with paintball guns. when you have completed all ten stations, or when 100 minutes have passed (whichever comes first), a PARAMEDIC will come to test your pulse; you must pass this test. finally, you will be asked to fill out an EVALUATION of the interview day; if the adcom feels your evaluation is unsatisfactory, you may be asked to compose a BROADWAY MUSICAL detailing why.

Archived