Premed 101 Forums

2011 Interview Discussion

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same boat as u... but using hotmail...

please post once u hear back cuz im also freaking out!

I still haven't got any emails yet, and I am getting really worried. Is anyone out there still waiting for any email from queens? And also is anyone using their UTORMAIL and got responses?

same boat as u... but using hotmail...

please post once u hear back cuz im also freaking out!

Me too, and using hotmail. I will definitely post if I hear anything. Each minute feels like an eternity. I keep pushing F5 but nothing is happening!

Wait you JUST got all three of these????
I'm not a slave to my email!

I just checked my email this afternoon, and since the 3 emails went out this morning I check all of them at once. Which was actually good since I only had to suffer through 1 minute of heartbreak before I read the clarification email.

It would be pretty cruel if they didn't send out the rest today, or at least a courtesy email to all applicants

Indeed, but I bet they've spent the last couple hours trying to clean up the mess and/or make sure the next batch of emails goes out correctly. While several folks were riled up this morning, they all seem to have received interviews at the end of it. Their ire is nothing compared to what would be seen from the batch of applicants that got a initial invite, only to be followed up with a rejection.

Indeed, but I bet they've spent the last couple hours trying to clean up the mess and/or make sure the next batch of emails goes out correctly. While several folks were riled up this morning, they all seem to have received interviews at the end of it. Their ire is nothing compared to what would be seen from the batch of applicants that got a initial invite, only to be followed up with a rejection.

Have there been people who received an invite but were rejected?

Based on the stats posted in other forum, my EC's and what I know was written in my reference letters, there seems to be no reason why I wouldn't be invited to interview, IMO. So... I'd be surprised if that was the last of it.

Also, although there are a LOT of replies, I think a lot of them are repeats so it looks like there should still be some spots

Also, although there are a LOT of replies, I think a lot of them are repeats so it looks like there should still be some spots

I went through it and counted 49 unique reports of an interview invite. I don't know what proportion of applicants browse these forums, but if I had to guess, I would say there are more invites to come.

I went through it and counted 49 unique reports of an interview invite. I don't know what proportion of applicants browse these forums, but if I had to guess, I would say there are more invites to come.

Thank you for doing that, it calms my nerves!

From people who said they haven't heard anything, I think that grad students have not been sent e-mails yet. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I'm sure there are at least a few grad students who would be invited!

There have definitely been some grad students that have gotten invites...definitely some still waiting though as I am one of them

Guest Please1

I doubt we have heard the last of invites. I bet the system still has glitches and Queen's wants to make sure that double e-mails are not sent again. I can mention that in the e-mail I got, Queen's has stated that we are to sign up for interview spots on Jan. 31st. So, more replies must go out soon.

Archived