Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/rejected/waitlisted/deferred (Current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest candace13

I got my letter today!!! This is my second time applying. I was waitlisted last year. BScKin Grad from UNB and I'm currently in the BN program at UNB. GPA 4.1, my mcat P10 V10 B11 WP (second time around). Pretty good EC's at hospital and rehab centers. Can't believe I'm in the class of 2010. Anyone know when we start?????

Guest kdoggnl

I'm a Newfoundland (St.John's) resident. I just finished my undergrad in neuroscience. My GPA was 3.7 and my MCAT score was 27R.

I was accepted by Memorial. This is my first time applying.

Of all the schools I applied to, MUN was by far my first choice.

Guest queenoftrauma

Hi!

I was waiting to post my stats until I was absolutely sure I was going to Memorial.

I'm an Ontario resident who just finished my fourth year of undergraduate studies. My GPA was 3.9ish and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 12

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: Q

I was accepted by Memorial, Queen's, Toronto, and Western. This is my first time applying to medical school. After lots of thought, I've decided that Memorial is the right school for me! I'm very excited about moving to Newfoundland and meeting all of the other 2010ers!

I believe that orientation begins on August 22nd and classes start on August 28th. Anyone else care to confirm?

Guest biomedengr

I'm a Newfoundland resident, but currently living in Winnipeg. I have a B.Eng (Mech) from MUN and a MSc in Biomedical Engineering from University of Surrey (England). My GPA was 3.5/4.0 for my undergrad. They do it a little different in England, but I graduated my Masters with a Pass with Distinction.

My MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 9

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 8

Written Sample: P

I was accepted by Memorial. This is my first time applying for med school.

I only applied to MUN - love the small class size and clinical experiences. Very excited to be moving back home!

Guest calex2

Newfoundland resident in Biology (honours) undergrad and Master (medicine) studies. My GPA was 3.9/4.0 in undergrad and 4.0/4.0 in grad school and my MCAT scores were:

Verbal: 8

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: P

I was rejected by Memorial. This is my first time applying to this school.

MUN was the only school I applied to.

Guest three6teen

I just received the letter this morning

GPA: 3.4 / 4.0

MCAT:

V 11

P 11

B 11

written: P

I'm a NL resident and this was the first time I applied to MUN..it was also the only school I applied to.

From the forum, it looks like there were a lot selected from the reserve list pool....gives me some optimism.

Guest Ronin

Looks like the 3rd time's a charm.

NF resident (living in Toronto), B.Sc (Hons) in Psychology.

GPA was 3.5ish, MCAT was 28P

Looking forward to seeing everyone in August. We should arrange a night out before orientation.

Guest Hezz

This was my first time applying to MUN and its my first choice school so I'm really excited to be in!! I'm a NF resident from the Stephenville area. I just graduated from DAL with Micobiology and Immunology.

GPA 4.0

MCAT P10 V12 B12 WSQ

Guest Newfierunner

Congrats to everyone who got in to MUN for the fall! I was also accepted to MUN this year. I am a Newfoundland resident from the West Coast but have been in Ontario going to university for the past four years.

GPA: 3.93

MCAT(PS,VR,BS,W):7,10,10,Q

I was also accepted at NOSM and U of T but rejected by Ottawa and Mac. I have decided (after much deliberation!MUN is a great school!) to go to U of T in the fall. Have a great first year everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

I really didn't expect to get in this year...I'm very surprised, and very excited to start!

MCATs were 12 12 12 N

Average was about 85%

I just graduated from UWO with a pure math degree--glad I got out of THAT! :rollin

• 11 months later...

Hey!

I received the good news yesterday and can't believe it! :) I graduated from Kinesiology Co-op (honours) at MUN in 2006 and have been going to school in Toronto this year as I was rejected from med school at MUN after an interview last year. I graduated Kin with a 3.75/4.0 GPA and had a terrible MCAT of 22Q (yikes!). I did however have a ridiculous amount of ec's ranging from varsity sports to hospital volunteer work to student societies to international volunteer experience. I'm so excited to start in the fall and I look forward to meeting all of the future 2011ers.

I previously posted my stats on another thread but I thought I should also post them here.

-------------------------------

I'm a Nova Scotia resident with a BSc in Math from Dal.

Academics:

GPA 4.1/4.3

MCAT: 31N - 11(PS); 10(BS); 10(VR)

I also have an MA in Mathematics.

I was accepted by Memorial. This is my second time applying to MUN.

I also applied to Dal(rejected), Ottawa(accepted), and MAC(rejected). I plan on attending MUN in the fall.

• 9 months later...

Here we go again... got my letter yesterday and thought I would post!

I'm a NB resident with a B.Sc (Hon) in Biology. My GPA was 3.9/4.3 and my MCAT scores were:

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: O

I was waitlisted by Memorial. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UCalgary as my first choice. Good luck to everyone else!

I received a letter stating that I was put on the reserve list this past week.

I am from NB.

BA (Honours Psych), MEd (Educational Psychology)

GPA 4.0/4.3

MCAT 28 R

I have also applied to Dal, and have yet to hear back. Dal is my first choice.

Hey, I got my letter a week ago!

I am a NB resident and will graduate with a Health Sciences degree in May, specialty in Respiratory Therapy. I have been working as a RT for three years.

GPA 4.2

MCAT 30 P

I was accepted (:) ), also applied to dalhousie and it is my first choice as well

I got my letter last week stating that I was waitlisted at MUN. Its my first time applying.

I'm an NB resident graduating in May with a Health Sciences degree with a "major" in Nuclear Medicine Technology.

GPA:4.3/4.3 (3.96/4.0)

MCAT: 27S (8BS, 9VR, 10PS)

ECs etc: A variety of hospital experiences, musical ensembles, church things, cadets, school societies and all that good stuff. I've worked for three years at a local Hospice.

I also interviewed at Dal (an have yet to hear from back) and am interviewing at McMaster in April. MUN is my first choice.

MUN does not release waitlist rankings, but they only tend to take somewhere from 5-7 people on the NB waitlist and its seems at least half of those end up getting accepted (I may or may not have tried to figure that out by reading every other forum in existance).

Has anyone else still not heard anything at all from MUN? It seems from looking on here that letters are out and have been for some time... how do they come? Canada post I presume?

I am also from NB and still waiting to hear. I applied two years ago and was waitlisted. Letters by Canada post at that time. hmmm...