Premed 101 Forums

MPH @ Dalla Lana - UofT

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey star,

I have not heard anything from u of a yet... Im from Toronto and still finishing my undergrad so theres no way i would be able to get to alberta for an interview until May. Hopefully, they will let me know soon. Congratulations to you!

I think I already know the answer to this question. But what are the chances of getting into the MPH program with meeting the minimum requirement? I'm an undergrad at U of T in my third year. My majors are Health & Disease and Physiology, with a minor in psych. I should have the 75% average in my last 5.0 courses and I got a A- in statistics.

Also do they care about LWD? and I'm thinking of LWD from a class? would they mind if I made up the credit in summer school or should I go back for a semester?

• 2 weeks later...

To the above poster, UofT is very competitive so I'm not sure about your chances with that GPA. GPA is not everything of course, if you have good relevant experience and a strong CV who knows. Apply to a few other schools just in case. I don't know what LWD stands for so can't help you there.

With all of this talk of UofT I am wondering if it was stupid of me to not apply there. I didn't realize they were "THE" school to go to. I've never been to fond of Toronto, I'm much more of a smaller city person myself. I've already accepted the UofA MPH in Epi offer. I really liked that a faculty from the school spoke with us personally to answer questions and the program seems so well organized (accreditation also doesn't hurt) , but I can't help but second guess myself?

Okay enough thinking, I always do this.

Does anyone have any information on MPH at Waterloo..my only fear is that its online and I enjoy interactiosns with faculty and students. And because this grad schoo, thats really important.

I got accepted there...but really confused about what to do. Still waiting to hear from other schools..UofT being one of them, although..by reading more and more about the pool of applicants, I am pretty sure its a rejection.

Also waitlisted for Guelph :(.

Also applied to UOIT for MHSc and McMaster of MSc in Global health...waiting to hear.

Any thoughts?

I would like similar input about the program in Waterloo, where I've been accepted. I'm not sure what to think about online learning.

So far: waitlisted for epi U of A, waitlisted U of T. Waiting to hear back from UVic and MUN (my top choice - 12 month program!)

Just been rejected to U of T in Epidemiology... cGPA of 3.52 / 3.8 in the last two years. I am finishing my 4th year at Ryerson and have worked every summer in a health unit. I also volunteer in ER of a hospital in Haldimand county. Don't have any research experience. I think that's what killed my chances.

Anyone have any advice on what else to work on for next year? I am graduating in May, so improving my GPA wont be an option.

Hey!

Did you apply for the Epi program at UofT..how did you inquire about your status? I applied for health promotion and I am not sure what to expect...

And yes..very confused about waterloo. It's really good school and the format is very structured so thats good! Also I looked at the practicums and there are some really great opportunities that will give us great exposure to the public health field.

I am still however waiting to hear from UofT and waitlisted for Guelph.

I would like similar input about the program in Waterloo, where I've been accepted. I'm not sure what to think about online learning.

So far: waitlisted for epi U of A, waitlisted U of T. Waiting to hear back from UVic and MUN (my top choice - 12 month program!)

Just been rejected to U of T in Epidemiology... cGPA of 3.52 / 3.8 in the last two years. I am finishing my 4th year at Ryerson and have worked every summer in a health unit. I also volunteer in ER of a hospital in Haldimand county. Don't have any research experience. I think that's what killed my chances.

Anyone have any advice on what else to work on for next year? I am graduating in May, so improving my GPA wont be an option.

Get some research experience, since your in TO, do it at UHN. It'll look real good and you'll probably meet some profs that teach courses in the MPH program.

Did your status change in the application form? I applied to Health Promotion and it still says Under Review ..

According to admin people, the program has very competitive for the past three years. Similar to the previous post, applicants were 350 plus gunning for 35-40 spots.

I thought I was a competitive applicant (considering I have publications, a MSc, and past awards; OGS and CIHR). However I ended up getting waitlisted. Since UofT doesn't really give feedback, I don't know where I went wrong with my application (through deduction, I suspect my reference letters).

I'd rather be rejected than waitlisted.

Notifications of your status were sent to applicants via email last week.

According to admin people, the program has very competitive for the past three years. Similar to the previous post, applicants were 350 plus gunning for 35-40 spots.

I thought I was a competitive applicant (considering I have publications, a MSc, and past awards; OGS and CIHR). However I ended up getting waitlisted. Since UofT doesn't really give feedback, I don't know where I went wrong with my application (through deduction, I suspect my reference letters).

I'd rather be rejected than waitlisted.

Notifications of your status were sent to applicants via email last week.

I'm fairly certain that Toronto grad school does not send out any information regarding status through e-mail. All of my friends have gotten mail notifications and when I called, they indicated this in their recording as well...

Eek, I'm getting nervous now!

I'm fairly certain that Toronto grad school does not send out any information regarding status through e-mail. All of my friends have gotten mail notifications and when I called, they indicated this in their recording as well...

Eek, I'm getting nervous now!

you have been misinformed. i received email notification of my acceptance on monday (like science). some people are on the waitlist (received emails as well) there are some people who have not received any notifications so far, don't know what it means for this group.

you have been misinformed. i received email notification of my acceptance on monday (like science). some people are on the waitlist (received emails as well) there are some people who have not received any notifications so far, don't know what it means for this group.

Could your clarify your stream?