Premed 101 Forums

problem/question

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Appreciate any advice in advance.

I have interviewed at two schools in Ontario so far (Western and UofT) this cycle. Solid stats - good gpa, good EC's, good references. Here's the problem though.. I was recently expelled from my school midway through my 4th year. Stupid mistake, and I am trying to fight it with my family's lawyer, although not sure how successful I'm going to be. Understandably, a terrible situation to be in, but I only have myself to blame. Anyways, my question is IF i was to be accepted at one of these two schools, will my offer be rescinded? Is my school obligated to tell them?

Thanks,

Dave

Guest copacetic

dont you have to send a final transcript if you are accepted? if so then im pretty sure itll say on it that you were expelled, so even if your school doesnt tell them, theyll probably find out. anyone else got any input?

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Appreciate any advice in advance.

I have interviewed at two schools in Ontario so far (Western and UofT) this cycle. Solid stats - good gpa, good EC's, good references. Here's the problem though.. I was recently expelled from my school midway through my 4th year. Stupid mistake, and I am trying to fight it with my family's lawyer, although not sure how successful I'm going to be. Understandably, a terrible situation to be in, but I only have myself to blame. Anyways, my question is IF i was to be accepted at one of these two schools, will my offer be rescinded? Is my school obligated to tell them?

Thanks,

Dave

I think it's worth sending an email/call to ask at U of T or Western. I do agree you may have a problem with Western b/c they do need to see a full four years, maybe not for U of T credit-wise since you only need a minimum of three completed but you never know what other things they may consider.

Guest copacetic

make an anonymous call and find out if each school requires a 4 year degree, and if they will require a final transcript, and then depending on how things turn out (or if they dont) then transfer to another school, take with you what credits you can and finish up, then apply again. alternatively you could just be honest and try your luck, who knows.

Archived