Premed 101 Forums

How do you cancel the MCAT?

Guest dopetown

Guest dopetown

Hi,

I signed up for the MCAT a while ago, but I'm having second thoughts about my preparedness. I can benefit much more from the limited amount of practice tests if I actually took orgo and physics courses.

How do you cancel the MCAT and get a full refund? Is that possible?

-Dopetown

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Dopetown,

I can't recall the exact policies re: MCAT refunds, etc., but there should be plenty of information on the AAMC website. The sooner you act, the better. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Dunes

To my information you can cancel, but you won't get all your money refunded (I think it's around $100 US). You can also try to prepare and see on the day of the test if you can make it or not. If you decide not to go to the test, you can still send your ticket back and they will refund you the same way ($100).

Hope that helps, :)

Dunes

Guest dopetown

I might as well take this bloody test then. There's no information on their website other than that $100 refund, which is highway robbery if you ask me.

-Dopetown

Guest ikaj

Hey there, how did you already sign up for the mcat a while ago? I just checked AAMC and it says that early registration begins July 9th.

thnks

Guest squeegy80

It ends July 9th, so you better sign up soon! Especially if you want a specific test centre, because it's first-come, first-serve. The registration opened the first week of June.

Guest dopetown

It's confirmed.

Once you pay the money, you can't cancel for a full refund.

You can only get $100US back. They got me by the testes.

-Dopetown

Guest Salkh

I applied for a refund this year. The instructions are on your admission ticket. If I were you, I would study right up until the day before the test, and if you still don't feel ready, then mail for a refund. AAMC has to receive it no more than 60 days (double check that) after the August 14th date. As long as you have not broken the seal on your test booklet, you are eligible for a refund. I believe that the refund is always $100 U.S., whether you get it now or after August 14th.

ikaj - like squeegy said, you'd better register quickly because the deadline for regular registraion is July 9th. After that it is considered late and I think they will charge you more.

Guest ikaj

So glad I decided to log in to this forum the day before early reg deadline. Man, I should read more carefully! I thought those dates were the reg start dates! I feel so dumb lol!

Archived