Premed 101 Forums

Rewrite

Guest Angelussum

Guest Angelussum

I hear it's a really bad thing to rewrite and to have more than one set of mcat scores. Is this true? Or does it apply to specific schools?

Guest CTU24

This is not true for all schools. Different schools have different policies that you should look into. In fact in most cases, a rewrite won't affect you at all...the schools will just look at your most recent scores and ignore the past ones (such as at U of T).

Whatever a med school's policy though, the myth you mentioned shouldn't be a reason for not retaking the MCAT to improve your scores. Bad scores will hurt you more than a rewrite virtually every time.

Best of luck

CTU24

Guest drews97

This is almost 100% certainly untrue unless you have 3+ re-writes. I believe you have to have special permission to write the MCAT more than 3 times so this may cause some problems. MANY people write the MCAT more than once (including me) and successfully get into medical school. For example, if you didn't make the Queen's cut-offs and want to apply to Queen's you must re-write in order to apply.

Guest dr deelish

I've written the MCAT twice and have gained an acceptance at Toronto this year .. so writing the MCAT multiply shouldn't hurt your chances. However, writing the thing more than 3 times is something schools probably frown on ..

If I were running a med school however, seeing people write an exam, especially the MCAT, several times demonstrates persistence .. a good quality, no? :rollin

Archived