Premed 101 Forums

need advice about mcat prep in summer

Guest sweetstuff25

Guest sweetstuff25

hey guys/gals, i need some advice/reassurance on taking the mcat in august. currently (may 2004) i am taking summer courses in cell biology and economics at the same time (4hrs a day class time). cell biology will end at the end of may while economics will end in june. i also signed up for princeton review which will start at the end of may also. does anyone think that taking 2 summer classes and studying for the mcat with prep course will be adequate to do well on the mcat in august? lotta people are saying i'm screwed cuz i will only have july and august to fully dedicate my time to study. i've also never taken biochemistry so should i also study that on my own time to prepare too? i'm soooo stressed!!! thanks for your time. :)

Guest Lactic Folly

There have been threads in the past from others who have prepared for the MCAT with a packed summer schedule - they may give you some reassurance. I don't think you'll need to study biochemistry out of a textbook or anything like that - the MCAT syllabus and your prep course will guide you as to what you need to know.

Guest bananacreampie

Hey,

I wasn't taking classes, but I was working full-time the whole summer and managed to fit all the studying in. The kaplan prep-course helped me because it gave me a plan to follow and lots of practice tests to work on. I think the MCAT can be wrtten on a busy schedule, you just have to accept that any free time will be taken up studying (it is not a very social summer, except for study parties :) )

I'm sure you can do it!

cheers, bcp

Archived