Premed 101 Forums

How did everyone do???

Guest cptn med

Guest cptn med

For those who wrote the test last weekend, how do you think you did?

I think I will take the time and prep for August just in case. I was glad to do this one though so I know what I an up against next time.8o

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I didn't take this April's exam, but I'm curious as to when the April exam results are generally released? Is the lag-time similar to that of August, i.e., six weeks or so, so the beginning of June? :rolleyes

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest steak

hey cptn med,

i wrote last weekend and there was some discussion on another thread.. between that, and what i got from other people writing, the exam seemed pretty reasonable overall. the bs was definitely the toughest (for me, and a sentiment echoed to varying degrees by others)..

tough to say how it went until scores are back, but suspect that the BS score may have me writing again in august..

oh well - if i did about as well overall as i think i did, then it shouldn't take too much time/effort to get me to the point where i score well (33+ or so)..

steak

Guest cptn med

Kristeen,

It takes approx 60 days to get these ones back...I think that they send by priority post. So we wont know until the end of June.

Steak,

the BS was the one that got me a little worried as well. The rest seemed alright but I have to admit, I didn't study specifically for the MCAT much this time.

umm.. not sure what happened there :rolleyes

so here's the abbreviated version of what I said :)

- According to SDN/EMCat, April MCATers can expect scores up on THx as early as June 7th, no later than around June 20th.

- I thought BS went okay, but that's cause I had a genetics exam on the 19th so I reviewed all of that, so didn't end up hurt by all the genetics.

Guest klukyboy

Just a tip guys,

If you create an account at the AAMC site you'll be able to access your scores online a couple weeks sooner than they arrive by mail. Here's the site:

/services.aamc.org/mcatthx/

Also, results come regular mail, not priority post (at least that's how mine came).

klukyboy

Guest cptn med

Hey,

As far as reply dates go, I just checked the FAQ. It says "AAMC and the MCAT Program Office will use all available and reasonable means to mail scores by first-class mail to examinees approximately 60 days after each test date. Scores will be available in the Online Testing History system at that time."

www.aamc.org/students/mca...eivescores

Archived