Premed 101 Forums

Basic information for applicants to Canadian dental schools!

Hi, I just graduated from Sydney dental school last year in 2012.

Our unis are supplying way too many dentists these days so there are no jobs for us in Australia. We need to put food on the table as well so that's why we are coming to steal ur jobs in Canada! It is not our fault that Australia dental job market is so poor.

Look online and you can find many references about how our Australian Dental Association is trying to convince our selfish Australian government that there is an oversupply but they are not listening.

Now it seems like you Canadians will have to pay the price for their policy!

Take a look:

https://www.facebook.com/AustralianDentalAssociation

It says "one in five dental students in Australia cannot find work after graduating in 2012."

• 4 months later...
Guest Aaliyah

Thanks for the post. I just had one question. What does it mean that the Feb dat is less competitive? Is it easier than the nov. one? or is it just that less people write it in Feb?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello guys, I have a quick inquiry which I was hoping you guys could assist me with. On Mcgill's web site I have not been able to locate the information for a 2nd undergrad degree. I am assuming this is because they will not calculate the 2nd degree alone? Is that correct? Here is where I have been looking: http://www.mcgill.ca/dentistry/prospective/undergrad/applicants

I would really appreciate the assistance. Thank You

ps: I am from the province of Quebec.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I have a quick inquiry which I was hoping you guys could assist me with. On Mcgill's web site I have not been able to locate the information for a 2nd undergrad degree. I am assuming this is because they will not calculate the 2nd degree alone? Is that correct? Here is where I have been looking: http://www.mcgill.ca/dentistry/prospective/undergrad/applicants

I would really appreciate the assistance. Thank You

ps: I am from the province of Quebec.

"Applicants may be considered on the basis of a second undergraduate degree. A minimum of 45 consecutive graded credits completed on a full-time basis must be completed by the November 1st application deadline. Completing the degree is not mandatory, but very strongly recommended."

Grades from the 2nd degree will be calculated in combination with the 1st degree. However, you need to ask about the precise weighting for the two degrees from the admissions office. Best of luck  :)

• 1 month later...

Hey! I had a question regarding what's considered a full course load. If I took 5 courses for a semester (which is considered a full course load) and I no-credited an elective, does that still count as a full course load? I mean I'm still completing all 5 courses, and they show up on my transcript event though it won't have a mark next to it. Btw I'm in third year, and last semester I had a full course load too (no no-credits or anything).

Any input would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived