• You were waitlisted at McMaster
    • You have accepted your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have declined your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have withdrawn yourself from the waitlist at McMaster
    • You have the sudden urge to participate

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I just say it's a great thing that McMaster will most likely send offers to those on the waitlist after the provisional deadline of May 27th!?!?!!!!!??

Yes you may lol. But seriously...yes it is a good thing, the only downside being that we have to wait longer.

Just got my Wait-list letter in the mail. As mentioned it pretty much reiterates what was said online, though IMO this letter has a more positive vibe.

Fun time! Does anyone else have a watermark or imprint on the top of their waitlist letter? Mine looks like it has a roman numeral of sorts but 100% it's probably nothing lol. I wish I hadn't read it in front of my computer screen. Queen's definitely has triggered me on the med school bread crumb trails though ;)

Does "offers declined" on that pdf for admission stats indicate the number of offers that have been turned down (each one of those people had an acceptance at some point), or just how much the waitlist moves (includes people who didn't get an offer, but pulled themselves off the waitlist)?

I'm fairly certain that's the number of people that turned down actual offers. So it doesn't include people who drop off the waitlist before getting an offer.

I've contacted the AFMC with regards to the mistakes they have in the admissions booklet. I noted two mistakes in the McMaster section which I pointed out in an earlier post on page 3 of this thread.

The reason I contacted them was to make sure the "Offer Declined" numbers are accurate because if they can make a mistake in the "Offered and Registered" section it is possible they made a mistake in recording those numbers on the website as well.

EDIT: Also, can someone contact Wendy and try and get a percentage of how much McMaster over-accepts?

I've contacted the AFMC with regards to the mistakes they have in the admissions booklet. I noted two mistakes in the McMaster section which I pointed out in an earlier post on page 3 of this thread.

The reason I contacted them was to make sure the "Offer Declined" numbers are accurate because if they can make a mistake in the "Offered and Registered" section it is possible they made a mistake in recording those numbers on the website as well.

EDIT: Also, can someone contact Wendy and try and get a percentage of how much McMaster over-accepts?

You're going to drive yourself crazy with all this. Not to mention it will just make the wait seem longer. Relax and wait for the email to come!

Does "offers declined" on that pdf for admission stats indicate the number of offers that have been turned down (each one of those people had an acceptance at some point), or just how much the waitlist moves (includes people who didn't get an offer, but pulled themselves off the waitlist)?

I'm fairly certain that's the number of people that turned down actual offers. So it doesn't include people who drop off the waitlist before getting an offer.

Is there anybody else that can confirm this? I'd like to believe you nuD.

I have a good feeling the waitlist will move plenty this year guys. The facebook group only has 81 non-admin members, and western school offers are already out! I can't see it increasing by that much before the 27th (maybe 40-50 more members), so unless there is a large number of students who haven't joined the group/don't have facebook, we are looking at a lot of waitlist movement :eek:.

Here are some stats I dug up:

# of users accepting McMaster (for sure)= 20

# of users potentially accepting McMaster = 7

# of users rejecting or removing themselves off the waitlist at Mcmaster = 27

# of users waitlisted = 26 (the only number on the poll I used)

N = 80, which is a pretty huge sample size, considering the fact that probably 300ish people are either accepted or on the waitlist.

Roughly 27% of the population, a pretty decent sample from which to infer a trend!

Hang in there :D

EDIT: Did anyone call Wendy to find out how many were rejected? This number would REALLY help.

Archived