Premed 101 Forums

Official 2011/2012 Applicant Thread

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks! I'm excited for when the application cycle opens and I get to fill things out! can you tell im a first time applicant?? hahahah

Fistbump.

I'm a second time applicant and I'm equally excited, hockey_whiz! Your excitement makes me happy :)

What year are you?

Not sure if everybody saw this already, but apparently this year if you want to apply to UBC you have to pay 50.00 to access the application and then it is credited towards your application fee.

Saw that. Thanks! All other changes to UBC for this cycle can be found here: http://www.med.ubc.ca/education/md_ugrad/MD_Undergraduate_Admissions.htm

You write CASPer at the end of October. Two days to pick from and multiple time slots each day. Its actually kind of a neat test to take.

Was looking through the thread and can't believe I did not thank you for the help, OIC :eek:

Thanks, this helps a lot! Glad you found the CASPer 'neat.' Wonder if I'll feel the same way... eeps.

• 1 month later...
I came across this pdf....it lists OMSAS start date as July 7. Can anyone verify?

http://admissions.ouac.on.ca/pdf/schedules/2011-2012_shutdown-startup_final.pdf

It says "early July" on the omsas website, so I assume it will be opening around then +/- a couple days.

I really hope this is the last app cycle I have to go through.... 3rd time's a charm right?:rolleyes:

Glad to see this thread posted! After lurking here for almost 2 years, I will be applying for the first time this cycle. Mac is my only available option so I won't get my hopes up too high. A little nervous about the process though, seems like it will be a long and tedious experience. Good luck to all who are applying this cycle!:)

It says "early July" on the omsas website, so I assume it will be opening around then +/- a couple days.

I really hope this is the last app cycle I have to go through.... 3rd time's a charm right?:rolleyes:

I guess it all begins this week then! Holy **** lol

best of luck to everzone applzing this zear

<edit< sorry the z is suppose to be y. i hate french kezboards

Lol agreed- french keyboards are the dumbest ever. But good luck to everyone! Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you at interviews XD

I personally thought CASPer was sketchy... I'm really not sure if they even used it or not because of

1) so many technical mess-ups for some applicants

2) they didn't even have a computer station in the MMI (like they promised) to track keystroke patterns to confirm you actually did CASPer

Who knows what it will be like this year!

Awesome thread! Applying again this year and hoping that my MCAT score will be high enough to meet the cutoffs for some of the ON schools. Will also be applying to some OOP schools. I'm still debating whether or not I want to take another half credit of physics because I know Alberta and Mcgill require 1full year and many US schools require it but at the same time, physics was my worst course throughout undergrad. Any suggestions?

I think the OMSAS application system is open! They still haven't put the instruction booklet up yet though.

Now I just have to wait for Dalhousie (their application is delayed) and U of C (won't open now until August 1) applications to open up.

EDIT: It's up, but not open yet. Hopefully it will open soon.

Is it just me or does anyone else find the omsas format really fustrating! I hate all of the 300 character limits. I just tried typing in some requirements and it deleted everything I had because I was over the limit! Sorry just had to rant a little :)

I find it frustrating because it doesn't display a character count anywhere. It also says specifically not to paste from word.

The other apps I have done at least have the character count beside the text input box.

Archived