Premed 101 Forums

Official 2011/2012 Applicant Thread

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question for OMSAS applicants.

If you are involved with an activity during the school year which you plan to continue during the fall, do you include the summer hiatus and keep it under one activity? Or break it apart into multiple activities for however many school years you are involved in?

I'd keep it as one. I was an exec on a club for the past year, and will be holding a different exec position on the same club during fall/winter 2011/2012. I'm putting both as one activity over 2 years (though emphasizing the two diff positions). By the time interviews roll around, it's 2012 anyway.

Also, if you have 3-credit courses fulfilling pre-reqs instead of 6-credit courses...well, have fun putting them in with OMSAS's retarded character limit.

That is my issue! I was putting in my prereqs for Ottawa and when I submitted it, it was deleted because it was over the character limit! I hate the omsas website!! lol

Question for OMSAS applicants.

If you are involved with an activity during the school year which you plan to continue during the fall, do you include the summer hiatus and keep it under one activity? Or break it apart into multiple activities for however many school years you are involved in?

Keep it all as one activity. There's space on the application to add details and most schools can figure these things out.

can someone pls clarify on the character limit? like, i have all half courses in nursing, the website let me enter all the courses, but will it delete it all if there are too many characters? WTH??

and yes, i have started writing my answers to the school questions in Word..i can't transfer this? yah it's crazy there is no character counter. i'll have to check out that word count link

thanks!

can someone pls clarify on the character limit? like, i have all half courses in nursing, the website let me enter all the courses, but will it delete it all if there are too many characters? WTH??

and yes, i have started writing my answers to the school questions in Word..i can't transfer this? yah it's crazy there is no character counter. i'll have to check out that word count link

thanks!

You can transfer from Word. The only things that won't transfer are apostrophes and quotation marks. So you have to be careful.

thanks a bunch, still would like to know, once i press 'submit' i can see any errors, but is there a final 'submit' and u are done with application?

You click submit and it brings that looks kinda like this. A summary of everything you've entered into OMSAS, these are the Mcmaster questions for last year.

then you make sure its all correct and then click the final "submit" and its done.

Archived