Premed 101 Forums

2nd year schedule

Whats the 2nd year schedule like at U of T med? I just finished 1st year. I dont think theres any more anatomy labs but how often do you have sessions with mandatory attendance that aren't recorded (like pbl, seminars)? I'm trying to figure out my living situation for next yr and I'll probably be living further from downtown so I'm trying to sort out how often I need to physically be in msb. I found that for structure and function, I had to be there almost every day, whereas for mnu and brb I was able to take days off. Hopefully some 2nd yrs can provide insight. Thanks!

In general, Tuesday mornings are at your DOCH agency and Thursday mornings are ASCM. Tuesday and Thursday afternoons are USUALLY going to be PBL at your academy (but in the first semester it's sometimes Monday and Wednesay). For most of the year, Monday, Wednesday and Friday are MMMD days at MSB. There are sometimes seminars but the only mandatory ones are ethics, which happen about 7 times throughout the year. There are often seminars throughout the week but they are not mandatory unless they are ethics. In general the first month of school was really heavy in terms of hours (like 9-4 every day) and then things slowed down a lot. We had a bunch of manager half days that were mandatory during that time (the first month), so factor that in as well.

So assume that you will be at your academy/DOCH agency on most Tuesdays and Thursdays. Most Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays will be at MSB and attendance will occasionally be mandatory at ethics seminars and manager half days (and PBL in the first semester). I don't think there is ever anything mandatory on Friday.

Also, you have very few 8am starts in second year aside from ASCM days.

Hope that helps!

In general, Tuesday mornings are at your DOCH agency and Thursday mornings are ASCM. Tuesday and Thursday afternoons are USUALLY going to be PBL at your academy (but in the first semester it's sometimes Monday and Wednesay). For most of the year, Monday, Wednesday and Friday are MMMD days at MSB. There are sometimes seminars but the only mandatory ones are ethics, which happen about 7 times throughout the year. There are often seminars throughout the week but they are not mandatory unless they are ethics. In general the first month of school was really heavy in terms of hours (like 9-4 every day) and then things slowed down a lot. We had a bunch of manager half days that were mandatory during that time (the first month), so factor that in as well.

So assume that you will be at your academy/DOCH agency on most Tuesdays and Thursdays. Most Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays will be at MSB and attendance will occasionally be mandatory at ethics seminars and manager half days (and PBL in the first semester). I don't think there is ever anything mandatory on Friday.

Also, you have very few 8am starts in second year aside from ASCM days.

Hope that helps!

helps a lot! thanks! How about the family med longitudinal experience, how does that work?

helps a lot! thanks! How about the family med longitudinal experience, how does that work?

For half of the year, you will be paired with a family doctor. You have to "shadow" this doctor for 6 half-days during the semester. About 12 Monday and Wednesday afternoons are given as time off to allow for this to take place. You can choose which days to attend the clinic. On the days that you don't have an FMLE visit scheduled, you have that afternoon off.

Archived