Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan blue book vs. Kaplan white book

Hi, I'm planning to prep for DAT this summer and I got my hands on Kaplan 2008 edition lesson book and review notes from someone I know. (He got it from taking the Kaplan DAT prep course at UBC)

I searched over the forum and the general consensus was that Kaplan Blue Book is a must-have for DAT prep.

I'm wondering if the Kaplan white book ( I think it's mostly white haha) is same as Kaplan blue book? It's about 1000 pages. Do I need to buy a kaplan blue book or are they the same material??

From this forum the books that most people recommended were:

Kaplan blue book

Cliff's AP Biology

IQ publication PAT

DAT destroyer ( is this really necessary or same as KBB?)

Crack DAT PAT software

TopScore practice tests

Also if you could make any suggestion to the above that would be greatful. (Or any material that you think I could make better investment in.)

Thank you !!

Haven't taken the course but the Blue Book isn't the same at all as Dat Destroyer.

Dat Destroyer is a series of practice questions with explained answers (each option is detailed as to why each one is either correct or incorrect).

Haven't taken the course but the Blue Book isn't the same at all as Dat Destroyer.

Dat Destroyer is a series of practice questions with explained answers (each option is detailed as to why each one is either correct or incorrect).

Did you use both the DAT Destroyer and the KBB ?

Which one did you find more useful and what did DAT destroyer have that KBB lacked??

KBB is more a textbook which goes over the different subjects whereas Dat Destroyer is just plain questions. While you could get by with just KBB I find you'll lack the practice (questions are easier and there is a lot less of them) you'll need to succeed on the Dat.

This is the stuff I used which I feel covered all my bases:

KBB

Dat Destroyer

IQ Publications PAT practice tests A,B,C

IQ Publications Carving

Extra electronic format Kaplan practice tests

Dental Interview Plus (for the interview portion)

** I came from an Computer Engineering background so was I pretty much going in mostly cold (although I did take my necessary prereq courses)

I did pretty well on the DAT and I studied using Kaplan white book.

List of study materials:

Bio

-white book

-schaums biology (couple of chapters)

-notes from physiology class

Chem

-white book

RC

-practice test on the CDA sample

PAT

-crack dat pat (highly recommend)

I haven't used DAT destroyer, but personally think it's a bit of a ripoff at 150. I also bought the iq publications for natural sciences, and iq pubs rc and I think they're useless as well.

I did pretty well on the DAT and I studied using Kaplan white book.

List of study materials:

Bio

-white book

-schaums biology (couple of chapters)

-notes from physiology class

Chem

-white book

RC

-practice test on the CDA sample

PAT

-crack dat pat (highly recommend)

I haven't used DAT destroyer, but personally think it's a bit of a ripoff at 150. I also bought the iq publications for natural sciences, and iq pubs rc and I think they're useless as well.

How many practice tests were there for the CDA sample?

IQ Publication RC was about 50 bucks and it didn't look like it had much in it.

Chem is my strong part so I'm not too worried about that but RC is something I might need more practice on. I don't know if it's worth it to buy the IQ Pubs.

I heard IQ Pubs PAT questions were really good though.

KBB is more a textbook which goes over the different subjects whereas Dat Destroyer is just plain questions. While you could get by with just KBB I find you'll lack the practice (questions are easier and there is a lot less of them) you'll need to succeed on the Dat.

This is the stuff I used which I feel covered all my bases:

KBB

Dat Destroyer

IQ Publications PAT practice tests A,B,C

IQ Publications Carving

Extra electronic format Kaplan practice tests

Dental Interview Plus (for the interview portion)

** I came from an Computer Engineering background so was I pretty much going in mostly cold (although I did take my necessary prereq courses)

How much did Extra electronic format Kaplan practice tests cost?

Archived