Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan Private Tutoring

kkentm

Hi guys,

To keep a long story short, I was enrolled in a Kaplan prep course that was supposed to start in about a week. However, I just received an email telling me that they had to switch up the classroom schedule for w/e reason. Therefore, I have been given the option of dropping out of the course at no cost and I get to keep the textbooks for free! I had already been considering dropping out before receiving the email due to the numerous success stories Ive read online about people self-studying for the mcat. I also feel that I learn better self-studying as opposed to in a classroom setting.

However, I'm considering enrolling in Kaplan's private tutoring sessions just to make sure I'm on track with studying and in case I dont understand certain concepts. Does anyone have any experience with Kaplan's private tutoring? Thanks.

I've heard great things about private tutoring not kaplan in particular (princeton), but nonetheless you get to focus in an area you might be weaker and they might not cover in class. On a side note the private tutoring is pretty expensive, I know for princeton the more hours you buy the cheaper it becomes, but it still costs about $135 per hour :| Have you looked in the pricing for kaplan and if you don't mind sharing?

Archived