Premed 101 Forums

Medical Radiation Sciences at McMaster

pearl

Hello everybody,

I have been accepted to the Medical Radiation Sciences program and I would love to hear from students currently enrolled in that program in order to decide whether or not I should accept my offer. In particular, I want to know if it is extremely hard to obtain a competitive GPA for medical school. Are there any graudates of this program that have been accepted to medical school?

I have two friends that went thru the program, my impression is that the program is very difficult GPA wise, not sure if it differs depending on the specialty you pick (ie. radiology vs ultrasound)

friend 1 is doing more undergrad courses to apply to med

friend 2 got a job right away at a toronto hospital

Hello everybody,

I have been accepted to the Medical Radiation Sciences program and I would love to hear from students currently enrolled in that program in order to decide whether or not I should accept my offer. In particular, I want to know if it is extremely hard to obtain a competitive GPA for medical school. Are there any graudates of this program that have been accepted to medical school?

If you want to do Med Rad Sci, do it at UofT and The Michener Institute. Study hard and you can get Med grades.

Both programs will get you right to a job at the end, but I am obviously biased towards the UofT-TMI program. I have to say that the program in Toronto is fabulous. Great placements, good chance of getting As, and great faculty.

Since the Med Rac Sci at Mac is a 4 year program with a general first year, you may want to start that off and then consider applying to UofT in your first year.

Good luck and have fun either way!!

If you want to do Med Rad Sci, do it at UofT and The Michener Institute. Study hard and you can get Med grades.

Both programs will get you right to a job at the end, but I am obviously biased towards the UofT-TMI program. I have to say that the program in Toronto is fabulous. Great placements, good chance of getting As, and great faculty.

Since the Med Rac Sci at Mac is a 4 year program with a general first year, you may want to start that off and then consider applying to UofT in your first year.

Good luck and have fun either way!!

hahah did michener pay you to promote them on premed101? You may want to point out exact advantages that Michener has over MedRadSci.

Lol, yea, that did sound like a marketing plug!

But, I just really like my program at The Michener. I can't really compare the two because I don't know enough about the McMaster one. I've heard a few things, but they don't hold enough substance to use as evidence.

In any case, I'm sure both programs are just great for a career as an MRT, but if you have any questions about the Michener program, you can PM me.

Cheers!

Archived