Premed 101 Forums

Western or Laurier

I think it's more of a personal achievement thing...both universities are quite good, though Western is the more "renowned" for the health side of things sometimes...

Really, I think it's better to prepare one's self instead of relying on the institution. You will have good classes and bad ones in either case, so base your efforts on something you can more actively control.

Really, I think it's better to prepare one's self instead of relying on the institution. You will have good classes and bad ones in either case, so base your efforts on something you can more actively control.

Excellent point.

But also as you said, Western is more renowned for its science/health programs which leads me to believe that Laurier might be easier. Ughhhhhhhhh so annoying. I may just flip a coin.

It also depends what your interests are...

Laurier seems to have a strong team of motor control researchers. (It's also close to U Waterloo, so if you want to do research on the side, you'd have some muscle physiology/biochemistry options there).

Western seems to be strong in the neuromuscular and socio-cultural areas.

(Please bear in mind that I haven't attended either of these schools...)

Excellent point.

But also as you said, Western is more renowned for its science/health programs which leads me to believe that Laurier might be easier. Ughhhhhhhhh so annoying. I may just flip a coin.

If not easier, on basis that Western likely has keener, stronger students, and assuming you are a strong student, it would seem that you will be in a less competitive academic environment and have a stronger GPA.

Archived