Premed 101 Forums

*How much Biochem content is there?

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Erin

Date:***1/14/2001 7:11 am*PST

Hi,

I'm a first year student at U of A, and I was planning to take the MCAT this August 2001. The problem is I'll be done all my entrance reqirements (Chem, Org Chem, English, Physics, Biol, Stats) except Biochemistry. How much (if any) Biochemistry is on the MCAT? If there's a fair amount, would it still be beneficial to write it in the summer before my second year and then say rewrite it in April at the end of my second year? Or is having two MCAT scores on your transcripts a negative thing?

Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks,

Erin

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Melissa

Date:***1/14/2001 10:47 am*PST

I didn't find that you really need that much knowledge. Just study off one of the study guides and you should be fine. It is always an advantage to get the MCAT out of the way.

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*beep

Date:***1/14/2001 1:22 pm*PST

I agree. I wrote it twice, and i don't recall needing to know any specifics for biochem, or for most other topics. Just learn to 'take the test' along with the basics which are in the study guides. I know many schools dont care if you write it more than once. the Ontario schools only see your latest(queens sees which ever you want, as does calgary and dal)

Mcgill however, requires you send all your scores.

Archived