Premed 101 Forums

Question about parking at Sunnybrook Hospital

I currently live in North York so I will be choosing the Peters-Boyd Academy at the St. George campus. As I prefer to use my (green hybrid :)) car to get around, anyone have info on parking rates at Sunnybrook for students and staff? I am only able to find patient and visitor parking rates on their websites - the cost of which is quite high and definitely way too expensive for staff/students who would want to use it on a regular basis. Is there some sort of discounted staff/student rates available? Anyone know?

I also plan on parking at Sunnybrook and taking their shuttle bus (for free :)) downtown to catch the lectures at MSB. Anyone has experience with this shuttle? How crowded and how long are the wait-times for the buses? Is it possible to read on the bus (i.e. not standing up in a packed bus like the TTC during rush hour)?

Thanks!

There is (currently) no parking discount/rates for pre-clerkship students. Sorry to say. That may change, but it is unlikely.

The shuttle runs on a set schedule, roughly every 30 min. and its about a 20-30 min drive. Some ppl read, some ppl nap, others chat. there are times when it is full, but not always

There is (currently) no parking discount/rates for pre-clerkship students. Sorry to say. That may change, but it is unlikely.

The shuttle runs on a set schedule, roughly every 30 min. and its about a 20-30 min drive. Some ppl read, some ppl nap, others chat. there are times when it is full, but not always

i hear they are thinking of giving discounts to any kangaroo meat enthusiasts

I currently live in North York so I will be choosing the Peters-Boyd Academy at the St. George campus. As I prefer to use my (green hybrid :)) car to get around, anyone have info on parking rates at Sunnybrook for students and staff? I am only able to find patient and visitor parking rates on their websites - the cost of which is quite high and definitely way too expensive for staff/students who would want to use it on a regular basis. Is there some sort of discounted staff/student rates available? Anyone know?

I also plan on parking at Sunnybrook and taking their shuttle bus (for free :)) downtown to catch the lectures at MSB. Anyone has experience with this shuttle? How crowded and how long are the wait-times for the buses? Is it possible to read on the bus (i.e. not standing up in a packed bus like the TTC during rush hour)?

Thanks!

Lot #12 is the cheapest at $80/month for staff (I don't know if med students count as staff - talk to Bernice)

Shuttle runs q30 min throughout the day during weekdays, starting at 06h00 with the last one departing downtown at 18h30. You will wind up stuck taking the TTC or trying to catch a ride with a classmate if you want to stay downtown after that time (which you will likely want to do often for social, if not academic, reasons). You might want to just spend a few extra bucks a month on a parking spot near campus (no idea what that costs) just to avoid the PITA factor.

Crowding - it's hit and miss, depending on the time of day and the direction you're going. Lots of people take it from the downtown to Sunnybrook in the morning and return in the evening, which is the exact opposite of what you'll be doing. Lots of times I've been the only one on it mid-afternoon.

• 5 months later...
Bumping..

Do you need a Toronto ID to use the shuttle?

If so, what is the best way to get between Sunnybrook and the downtown campus for out-of-towners?

Any advice appreciated!

Officially you need a Sunnybrook badge to use the shuttle. In practice, it really depends on who is driving the bus. Some of the drivers really don't care, others will absolutely refuse to let you on the shuttle without the badge. If you're working at Sunnybrook you'll get the magic badge and will be good to go.

Archived