Premed 101 Forums

kine 2031 @ yorku

Worth a shot.

I'm having a lot of difficulty with this class seeing as how he only gives one minute per question and its usually always critical thinking. I don't know how those getting A/A+s in his exams are doing this, usually it takes me a lot of time to actually remember where x is, how it works, what its connected to, and then theres the tough choices to choose inbetween. It just takes too much for me if I expect to get perfect or close, and I don't know how others are dealing with it.

Has anybody taken this course or knows anybody who has? Any secrets, tricks of the trade before I take my second midterm? I heard this was a hard course for alot of people so maybe people have actually learnt useful tidbits.

This is frustrating me!

The muscles test is a doozy, yep. Just try learning the actions... as for the origins and insertions, just know the bones it connects instead of the detail of which landmarks on the bones are used. For example, instead of knowing that the Clavicular Deltoid is from the medial clavicle to the deltoid tuberosity of the humerus, just simplify it to "clavicle - humerus".

Another thing is to find similarities. For example, all the superficial muscles on the anterior forearm (first level flexors) originate from the medial epicondyle of the humerus.

For the applications, pay close attention to what he says in class in regards to these. For example, when he was talking about the Lumbricals in the hand, he mentioned that fact that they allowed interphalangeal extension despite metacarpal-phalangeal flexion is important when using a pen.

For me, I need to write and rewrite actively to understand everything. Repetition is key.

The muscles test is a doozy, yep. Just try learning the actions... as for the origins and insertions, just know the bones it connects instead of the detail of which landmarks on the bones are used. For example, instead of knowing that the Clavicular Deltoid is from the medial clavicle to the deltoid tuberosity of the humerus, just simplify it to "clavicle - humerus".

Another thing is to find similarities. For example, all the superficial muscles on the anterior forearm (first level flexors) originate from the medial epicondyle of the humerus.

For the applications, pay close attention to what he says in class in regards to these. For example, when he was talking about the Lumbricals in the hand, he mentioned that fact that they allowed interphalangeal extension despite metacarpal-phalangeal extension in important when using a pen.

For me, I need to write and rewrite actively to understand everything. Repetition is key.

Ahh see I'm doing pretty good remembering the origin and insertions, its the actions I keep screwing up lol. I know people are saying to try them out myself but it's not like I can specifically distinguish my supraspinatus and infraspinatus for example lol.

and yeah I find the little things he says in class seem to be really important lol. He just goes so fast. Ah im still such a noobie, must adapt faster lol.

I feel like the only way to do well in his midterms is to literally be an walking anatomy bible like he is lol.

but thanks so much for the little pointers. I will try them out.

One idea in addition to rewriting notes is to also record yourself reading them then put on your ipod and listen whenever possible.

For the physics im learning i've done this and i listen to it while at the gym doong cardio.

Helps. I also scan my notes and put on my ipad to read whem doing cardio or watchimg Tv, in the washroom (lol) wherever hah

One idea in addition to rewriting notes is to also record yourself reading them then put on your ipod and listen whenever possible.

For the physics im learning i've done this and i listen to it while at the gym doong cardio.

Helps. I also scan my notes and put on my ipad to read whem doing cardio or watchimg Tv, in the washroom (lol) wherever hah

Lol so freakin productive thats insane. Multitasking is my new thing.

Thanks!

Ahh see I'm doing pretty good remembering the origin and insertions, its the actions I keep screwing up lol. I know people are saying to try them out myself but it's not like I can specifically distinguish my supraspinatus and infraspinatus for example lol.

and yeah I find the little things he says in class seem to be really important lol. He just goes so fast. Ah im still such a noobie, must adapt faster lol.

I feel like the only way to do well in his midterms is to literally be an walking anatomy bible like he is lol.

but thanks so much for the little pointers. I will try them out.

He does go really quickly. Some of my friends that took it during the year took about a month to do muscles, whereas we did it in 3 classes in the summer.

I've also heard people tell me that I should not write the muscles test and write a heavier-weighted final...though I don't know how strategic that is.

He does go really quickly. Some of my friends that took it during the year took about a month to do muscles, whereas we did it in 3 classes in the summer.

I've also heard people tell me that I should not write the muscles test and write a heavier-weighted final...though I don't know how strategic that is.

lol ughh I'm scared. I heard the final was hard though. I didn't get my A in my last midterm so I feel like this needs to be redemption time. But so far its not looking good, ha ha. So much to memorize.

Archived