Premed 101 Forums

Queens OT vs. Western OT

Hi everyone. I'm looking at these two schools for OT, and I'm wondering if anyone can provide some input on how they compare regarding the following issues:

1) Learning style - individual or group-focused?

2) My undergrad was in psychology, and my primary interests lie in mental health (working with clients who have mental illness) and cognitive rehab. Do one of these programs have a stronger focus on these topics?

3) Placement - If given the chance, I would really prefer to complete my placement in the Toronto/GTA area. Do these schools differ in their stance on offering placement positions outside of their catchment areas?

4) General information on reputation/job prospects upon graduation.

Any other info concerning these schools will definitely be helpful as well. Thanks in advance for any information!

Hi everyone. I'm looking at these two schools for OT, and I'm wondering if anyone can provide some input on how they compare regarding the following issues:

1) Learning style - individual or group-focused?

2) My undergrad was in psychology, and my primary interests lie in mental health (working with clients who have mental illness) and cognitive rehab. Do one of these programs have a stronger focus on these topics?

3) Placement - If given the chance, I would really prefer to complete my placement in the Toronto/GTA area. Do these schools differ in their stance on offering placement positions outside of their catchment areas?

4) General information on reputation/job prospects upon graduation.

Any other info concerning these schools will definitely be helpful as well. Thanks in advance for any information!

Hi Zeni!

I have an undergrad in psyc too! What school did you do your undergrad at?

I got accepted to UWO OT as well!! Have you made up your decision - June 3 is getting close :)!

Archived