Premed 101 Forums

"Recommended" Courses

Hello,

I'm just wondering if schools who have "recommended" courses actually consider applicants who haven't taken a chunk of those courses. I was hoping to apply out of province to UCalgary and USaskatchewan, but I haven't taken any biochemistry, English, or the second organic chemistry course. I'm going into my 4th year and I don't have room for extra science courses. Should I still apply?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Yifan

Actually no. I will have taken a psychology and a philosophy. Are they really stringent about English?

You should have an English. I don't know about school specific, because some universities base it on how many essay-heavy courses you have taken, but most require English.

I got in to Calgary without most of the recommended courses. I can't find the list of recommended courses, but I think I only had physics and English. And calculus if that's on there. 1 chem course 1 bio course, but they were a decade ago and I don't even know if they were the recommended ones.

I got in to Calgary without most of the recommended courses. I can't find the list of recommended courses, but I think I only had physics and English. And calculus if that's on there. 1 chem course 1 bio course, but they were a decade ago and I don't even know if they were the recommended ones.

Congrats! I didn't know you had gotten in!

Congrats! I didn't know you had gotten in!

Thanks! I'm still kind of in shock about it. I was not expecting to. And I graduated! And a certain prof that you know has officially taught his last class and is retiring (not that he's actually going to go anywhere or anything, though).

Thanks! I'm still kind of in shock about it. I was not expecting to. And I graduated! And a certain prof that you know has officially taught his last class and is retiring (not that he's actually going to go anywhere or anything, though).

Lol...congrats...I applaud you for outlasting that certain prof and for getting in. :)

Maybe someday I'll go back to that department and see if anyone can even remember me. Lol.

Archived