Premed 101 Forums

U of A Acceptances

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got mine a couple days ago! They sent it on May 18th! So happy!

Congrats!

anyone know if its a rolling admission? or did they send out all the acceptances already?

I heard that about half the acceptances have come out, and the rest will be in late June/early July. At least that seems to be what happened in previous years.

For all you who got the letter from May 18th, had you already gotten a conditional acceptance letter (in March)?

For me, the letter sent on May 18th was the only one I got. It does say it's a conditional acceptance though. The final transcripts must be in before the due date. Last day to confirm the position is June 1st. I'm accepting it :)

Congrats to all accepted ppl on this fourm! U guys brough me hope..lol..

do you guys mind to share your GPA and DAT marks..I'm a little curious..

r u guys IP as well?

thanks!

Oh, BTW, in order to maintain u offer, what type of grades to u need to have on ur final transcript? thx!

I had the conditional in March (sent March 21st but arrived on April fools day). It just said it's conditional on maintaining grades, staying in enrolled classes, etc. So it didn't say what GPA you had to maintain to keep the acceptance. Then just a few days ago I got another letter with final acceptance (sent out on May 18th, like everyone else's).

Congrats Kswiss and simplicity! It sounds like they form the class slowly and send out acceptances to the next set of students once the previous group has accepted/declined their offers. Fingers crossed for everyone else who's still waiting.

@zap_man99 It's not the same type of rolling admissions system as the US, but it does look like acceptances are being sent out in a rolling fashion.

HYPOTHESIS ON ALBERTA ADMISSIONS: Admissions selects and ranks all students; top ranked 33-35 students put on "initial acceptances" list, followed by the waitlist. As the top (half of?) ranked students (March 21 and May 18 letters) start accepting/declining their offers, additional spots are opened in the later rounds for the next highest ranked student(s) on what I'll call the 'unreleased waitlist' (i.e. these students would've been the waitlist if all acceptances were given out at once). It would then follow that the 3rd round of letters (June/July) would be sent to remaining "initial acceptances" AND ALSO to the top x students on the 'unreleased waitlist' (where x is the number of open spots created by declined offers). The remaining students from the 'unreleased waitlist' then become the 'official waitlist.' The x students who got off it will never know that they were waitlisted because their letters came at the same time as everyone else's. By the time we get to here, a student on the 'official waitlist' can only get in if someone from the 3rd round declines or if someone from 1st or 2nd round decides to go elsewhere after paying the deposit.

This is just a theory, but if you check old forum posts you'll see that the Alberta waitlist doesn't move a lot and this system of releasing letters in waves would definitely produce a similar result.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived