Premed 101 Forums

cDAT for American schools

if you check each school's admissions process, they tell you that you need to send them a copy of your DAT scores directly (AADSAS doesn't forward a copy to them).

that is not true, there is actually a thread about this on SDN, albeit for the American DAT.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=824647

many people sent only one set of scores to the AADSAS and it worked out fine. it seems that the ADA (DAT administrator) has been "scaring" people into making them forward one copy to each school as well, obviously for profit.

At this point if i wrote the American DAT, i would not be paying ADA to send the DAT score to each individual school. The question is whether this is the case with the Canadian DAT score as well.

that is not true, there is actually a thread about this on SDN, albeit for the American DAT.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=824647

many people sent only one set of scores to the AADSAS and it worked out fine. it seems that the ADA (DAT administrator) has been "scaring" people into making them forward one copy to each school as well, obviously for profit.

At this point if i wrote the American DAT, i would not be paying ADA to send the DAT score to each individual school. The question is whether this is the case with the Canadian DAT score as well.

oh sorry, this is news to me. I see they updated since last year which is definitely good news.

i have applied to US schools in 2008 and 2009...both years I sent my scores directly to the schools via the CDA website where you can select the US schools to the send the scores to...As far as I know, for the Canadian DAT, you have to send scores to individual schools as AADSAS does not have access to your scores like they do for the US DAT...If you have written the US DAT, you never had to send your scores even when I applied since you basically put in the your unique DAT testing ID into AADSAS and both AADSAS and schools are able to locate your scores...however, for the Canadian DAT, there is no way to link the DAT scores since CDA only prints out paper copies..hence, you have to send official copies of your DAT scores directly to the schools which AADSAS can not do

Archived