Premed 101 Forums

W on Transcrpt in Summer

HI!!

I am brand new to this forum. So new that this is my first post!! Anyways, I was wondering what would happen if I were to drop a course in the summer - I understand that most schools don't even look at the summer. However, it will still show up on my transcript. So If I were to drop a course, and the W appears, would that be looked down upon?

Thanks so much =D

I don't think it would matter as all they look at is your GPA? When I was in my first semester of physio a long time ago, I dropped 3 classes just before midterms (Ws with permission of the program director I met with) when I realized it wasn't what I wanted to do, and didn't fit with my training schedule. It's never caused me problems. I'm not sure with respect to the schools outside QC but I would imagine a W isn't a big issue.

Yes, I am maintaining a full course load ( ie. 5 Courses) in the regular semesters. And I plan on applying to Ontario schools mostly. And maybe a few schools in the states, and Quebec, and Alberta as well.

What about the schools that do consider summer marks. Would anyone happen to know about their view on W courses??

And thanks very much for the info :)

Archived