Premed 101 Forums

Chances (MCAT lower 2nd time -Reapplicant)

I'm working on my AMCAS app right now. These are my stats:

P,V,B, W

10,9,12 Q (2009) -> 31Q

11,8,11 S (2010) -> 30S

GPA

AMCAS - BCPM 3.82

AO 3.97

Total 3.85

(from last year's verified AMCAS app)

Any thoughts on my chances or what schools I should apply to?

Thanks

I have the same MCAT score and a similar GPA- I think I'm applying to mostly low-tiers, maybe a couple mid-tiers.

If I was you, I would do some extra research into school websites. Also, check out the other threads about Pm101 user stats - US acceptances/interviews to get an idea about what schools to go for! Cheers!

Can someone explain the "reapplicant stigma" to me? If I applied to a number of schools last year on AMCAS, and this year if I apply to only 2 of those schools and branch out to new ones, would that be looked down upon? Is the fact that I'm a second time AMCAS applicant enough for schools to attach some sort of stigma to me (to even those schools I didn't apply to last time)? Will the new schools I am applying to this year have access to my AMCAS app from last year? Do you guys think I should just leave those 2 schools out and apply to all new schools this time?

Nothing on my application has really changed except one new volunteer activity that lasted from October to April and more work experience. I also completed a prerequisite. I am currently not volunteering anywhere. What do you guys think my chances are?

Can someone explain the "reapplicant stigma" to me? If I applied to a number of schools last year on AMCAS, and this year if I apply to only 2 of those schools and branch out to new ones, would that be looked down upon? Is the fact that I'm a second time AMCAS applicant enough for schools to attach some sort of stigma to me (to even those schools I didn't apply to last time)? Will the new schools I am applying to this year have access to my AMCAS app from last year? Do you guys think I should just leave those 2 schools out and apply to all new schools this time?

schools are not going to know which other schools you applied to previously or currently unless you tell them. no harm in applying to those same 2 schools again this year. i wouldn't worry about any stigma with this only being your 2nd time applying.

g'luck

Thanks!

Does anyone want to analyze my school selection? :D

AECOM

Boston U

Case Western

George Washington U

Georgetown

MC Wisconsin

New York MC

NYU

Northwestern

Pennsylvania State

RF (Chicago)

Saint Louis

U of Connecticut

Kentucky

Maryland

Virginia Commonwealth U

Wayne State

Any other suggestions/removals? I have a 30S (2nd time lower) and 3.85 GPA. Decent ECs.

Thanks guys!

Archived