Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone or anyone you know gotten in off the In-Province Waitlist? (not for Med-p)

mcmed

First time poster here. I suspect that they're waiting until after June 1st before going to the IP and Med-P waiting lists. I know one person that has declined her offer (IP) yet there has been no waiting list movement- no announcement has been made on Twitter and no one seems to know of anyone on the IP waiting list that has received an acceptance...

Sit tight folks. The waiting lists will move-- it's a question of when and by how much...

First time poster as well (felt kind of bad about not joining as it seems like i can answer this question).

A friend of mine was accepted off the waitlist (IP) in the beginning of april. She probably got the place of jeff999's friend.

So there you go, in the hopes that you too will have the chance to join mcgill next year.

I can assure you that she was put on the waitlist first, as i have seen her letter on march 16th when i received my own letter of acceptance.

She then received 2 weeks later - some time after the invitations for the interviews in the other faculties of medicine were sent out, if i am not mistaken - another letter stating that she was now accepted.

As to why mcgill would say that there was no movement, i can't think of any viable explanation. Nonetheless, i am confident that more people will get off the waitlist and please don't see this as a message meant to be discouraging.

Archived