Premed 101 Forums

pre MMI score calculation formula?

That formula is for the rank list pre-interview for OOP applicants. Top grouping from the use of that formula then gets a full file review.

For IP, pre-interview was distributed as:

50% Academic Score

15% MCAT

25% Activities Score

10% References

Seems like they are changing the manual for the upcoming year though, so this distribution may change.

Thats OOP only, correct?
Yeah, I misread the OP. :o

That formula is for the rank list pre-interview for OOP applicants. Top grouping from the use of that formula then gets a full file review.

For IP, pre-interview was distributed as:

50% Academic Score

15% MCAT

25% Activities Score

10% References

Seems like they are changing the manual for the upcoming year though, so this distribution may change.

This is what I meant to post. Again, :o

ahh i see, the OPPformula is probably the one i saw lying around, but I'm IP so its not as important. But do they give scores anyway? or is it

50 * (GPA/4) + ref score + EC score+ mcat score ?

I'm pretty sure the academic score is not just GPA/4, as there seems to be some variability in scores i've seen...

This is from Dr. Walker's blog earlier in the year:

Several people have contacted us either through here or by email wondering how the academic score is calculated. It is no secret to say that there is more to the academic score than a simple reflection of GPA. Certainly GPA is part of it, but reviewers also look at the entire academic record to make an assessment of the overall academic strength and suitability of applicants. I can’t really give any more details than that, but yes, there is a subjective component.

This is from Dr. Walker's blog earlier in the year:

Several people have contacted us either through here or by email wondering how the academic score is calculated. It is no secret to say that there is more to the academic score than a simple reflection of GPA. Certainly GPA is part of it, but reviewers also look at the entire academic record to make an assessment of the overall academic strength and suitability of applicants. I can’t really give any more details than that, but yes, there is a subjective component.

Just curious... they don't ask for your high school transcripts too on the application, do they?

So it's more looking at the trend of your grades throughout the years in university and what kind of courses you have taken, etc?

Just curious... they don't ask for your high school transcripts too on the application, do they?

So it's more looking at the trend of your grades throughout the years in university and what kind of courses you have taken, etc?

Yeah no high school transcripts. It probably has to do with trends, course difficulty, course load, graduate work, etc.

Archived