Premed 101 Forums

VERY simple question - just need clarification

According to UBC website,

"Beginning with the 2011/2012 application cycle, only those activities which have been started before the June 1, 2011 application opening date will be included in the non-academic evaluation of a file. Activities started, or hours logged after the application opens will not be included in any file evaluation."

Does this mean that any volunteering hours I have after TODAY (5/31) cannot be counted?

According to UBC website,

"Beginning with the 2011/2012 application cycle, only those activities which have been started before the June 1, 2011 application opening date will be included in the non-academic evaluation of a file. Activities started, or hours logged after the application opens will not be included in any file evaluation."

Does this mean that any volunteering hours I have after TODAY (5/31) cannot be counted?

It clearly says no activity or hours from June 1st of the cycle when youre applying. So only all activities and hours uptill 23:59:59 of May 31st count.

If it's after today and after the application opens up, then it says it won't be counted. I don't see where the confusion is. A few hours will probably not make a big impact regardless.

LOL Wondering what your response would be when your future patients ask you how many times a day they should take a certain drug, when it clearly says on the bottle 3 times a day? Are you going to say "just read the label, I don't see where the confusion is"?

LOL Wondering what your response would be when your future patients ask you how many times a day they should take a certain drug, when it clearly says on the bottle 3 times a day? Are you going to say "just read the label, I don't see where the confusion is"?

+1

10 char

I don't expect my patients to have the same level of critical thinking and analytical (and even reading) skills as someone who's pursuing a career as a physician, especially when they only have a script in front of them instead of clear instructions on the actual medication itself. You got your answer, though, so congratulations.

+2

10 char.

Archived