Premed 101 Forums

Chem 1000 and 1001 @ YorkU

Guest Transparent

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm BA and had no problem enrolling back in June.

Hah I got 14/30. Just picked up my quiz yesterday and I'm pretty sure Hempstead could hear my laughter from his office. The next highest mark in the box was 8/30. I'd already decided to drop the course though and haven't been attending the labs...I think I may write the exam next week while drunk just for the hell of it. I have until Nov. 11th to drop. Am taking it through Athabasca instead lol, they said I can do on site labs so its fine for Ottawa.

I thought that exam was completely unreasonable. They needed to either have less questions or give an additional hour. I'm doing a victory lap and that is by far the hardest exam I have ever encountered...I think they did it on purpose.

Wow, well atleast you got well above class average. And I thought it was pretty hard too but someone in m section got 30/30 and I asked to study with him but I think he was thoroughly disturbed loll. Someone got the same in Dr. Pietro's as well. So I guess some people thought it was alright. I didn't pick mine up yet but I thought it was hard while I was writing it.

Is Nov 11 the last day to drop without the mark showing on your transcript? I wanted to drop but I won't have a full course load if I do. And it's too late to sign up for Athabasca for full year chem this year right?

What they do is set aside a very small number of unreserved seats from when enrollment starts. Problem is that because they are so limited, they are taken up by first years with early enrollment dates, and 4th years who get to enroll earlier as well. By the time your second year enrollment window opened up, those spots were already filled.

Ya it is. And I've already lost the refund at this point so may as well stay enrolled until then and give the TA's extra marking to do.

Okay so that's only one person that got 100% though and they might just be a genius. Class averages are supposed to be 65-69% though, not 30%...lol. Actually so retarded. Athabasca splits their chem up like York, and you can start it whenever. I'm done my degree already so I don't care about having a full course load. I just need to be enrolled in 3 courses next term so I can remain eligible for RAY soo I'm probably going to have to take the 1001 through York. Boooo. I hear its easier though.

Hahaha that's evil

And you can end whenever as well? So if I take 4 full year courses and Athabasca chem I and II that will count as full course load? I'm sure it's possible to do good in chem if you study a lot but it's taking up my time from other courses.

Oh no, I thought you were seriously going to take it Athabasca! Lol and I hope it's easier b/c everyone's told me it's harder

Ya you can end whenever...just make sure you finish them by the end of April! What'll happen when you apply to med school is that they'll combine both to make a full course load. I know U of T will still count it.

No no I am seriously taking it through Athabasca! I'm taking orgo there right now and am going to sign up for the first half of chem in the next week or so. I may take the second half there as well, but the problem is that I'd have to make a second trip into AB (I can only do the first half of chem and orgo labs back-to-back). I have until the beginning of June though, and if I don't interview at Ottawa then I probably won't bother taking the second half. The problem is that I still need to take 3 courses....blaaaah. Stupid RAY lol.

how is Orgo, have been seriously considered doing.

Ya you can end whenever...just make sure you finish them by the end of April! What'll happen when you apply to med school is that they'll combine both to make a full course load. I know U of T will still count it.

No no I am seriously taking it through Athabasca! I'm taking orgo there right now and am going to sign up for the first half of chem in the next week or so. I may take the second half there as well, but the problem is that I'd have to make a second trip into AB (I can only do the first half of chem and orgo labs back-to-back). I have until the beginning of June though, and if I don't interview at Ottawa then I probably won't bother taking the second half. The problem is that I still need to take 3 courses....blaaaah. Stupid RAY lol.

Okay good! Do all unis consider it full load though?

...I never even thought of how labs work haha, that's the only easy part of York's chem!!

Lol and I'm guessing from past posts that RAY is something with research lol

Wow, well atleast you got well above class average. And I thought it was pretty hard too but someone in m section got 30/30 and I asked to study with him but I think he was thoroughly disturbed loll. Someone got the same in Dr. Pietro's as well. So I guess some people thought it was alright. I didn't pick mine up yet but I thought it was hard while I was writing it.

Is Nov 11 the last day to drop without the mark showing on your transcript? I wanted to drop but I won't have a full course load if I do. And it's too late to sign up for Athabasca for full year chem this year right?

AHAHAHAHA I hear people talking about me in the hallways, now online... this is getting creepy!!

PS. I'm going to bethune's PASS thing tomorow if you wanna come, and no, I was not thoroughly disturbed whatever that means

AHAHAHAHA I hear people talking about me in the hallways, now online... this is getting creepy!!

PS. I'm going to bethune's PASS thing tomorow if you wanna come, and no, I was not thoroughly disturbed whatever that means

?? Hahaha oh no

Wowo what's creepy is that the person I posted about happens to be on this forum

And you were the only person who had their test out, that I saw anyways

I thought PASS is only Sunday and Monday night?

I'm BA and had no problem enrolling back in June.

They do in the faculty of health, hence why your psych prof told you that, but apparently the rules don't apply to fac of sci because they suck.

Hah I got 14/30. Just picked up my quiz yesterday and I'm pretty sure Hempstead could hear my laughter from his office. The next highest mark in the box was 8/30. I'd already decided to drop the course though and haven't been attending the labs...I think I may write the exam next week while drunk just for the hell of it. I have until Nov. 11th to drop. Am taking it through Athabasca instead lol, they said I can do on site labs so its fine for Ottawa.

I thought that exam was completely unreasonable. They needed to either have less questions or give an additional hour. I'm doing a victory lap and that is by far the hardest exam I have ever encountered...I think they did it on purpose.

Why does Athabasca have such low reviews lol

did u already start it

a little advice..

do every single text book question and all past tests you can get your hands on.

Don't worry, if your class gets lower average than the rest, in the end of the term, they will balance it!

also, you gotta give it all you have. the amount of work I did for chem = the amount of work I did for all my other courses.. Good think I had taken grade 12 stuff as a review..

• 2 months later...

Archived