Premed 101 Forums

When did you submit your application?

Now that the 2011/2012 application cycle will be opened tomorrow, I'm just curious to know for all of you who applied previously, when did you submit your application? Is it wise to wait till close to the deadline so that you'll have plenty of time to review every single point to ensure nothing is omitted?

I submitted my application on the very last day because I only had four days to work on it. Generally the more time you have to review, the better, but if you feel like you have nothing else left to add then just submit it whenever. I would just submit it close to the last day so that you don't start thinking "oops, maybe I should've added that". It makes absolutely no difference to the admissions committee when you actually submit.

It makes absolutely no difference in when you submit your application (as long as it is submitted on time of course!). They collect everything first and then start reviewing. Applications are also divided among different reviewers as those who may know you cannot be reviewing your application.

As it was mentioned before, it is best to submit after having thoroughly reviewed your application.

Good luck!

If submitted too early, there might be many "oops". If submitted too late, the adcom might have application review fatigue.
There's no such thing as application review fatigue. If there were, I, and probably many other people, would've been rejected. Canadian schools don't rely on rolling admissions and even schools that use rolling admissions don't have this "application review fatigue". Don't be paranoid.

Canadian schools don't rely on rolling admissions and even schools that use rolling admissions don't have this "application review fatigue".

+1

Canadian medical schools don't have rolling admissions like American medical schools, so don't waste energy worrying over when to submit your application (as long as you submit by the deadline). Application reviews don't start until after the application deadline. For what it's worth, I submitted my application the morning of the due date ... but that's just because I'm the kind of person who likes to triple-check my work.

I didn't even start filling out my application until a week and a half before the deadline. I got accepted off the waitlist as an OOP, so submitting it last minute can't be that terrible (I declined for U of A instead). I know it's so easy to overthink every step in the admissions process, but I really wouldn't worry about when you submit, just do it when you feel ready.

Archived