Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Prep

zda23

Hi,

I just finished my 2nd year at U of T and am planning on doing the MCAT next summer. The problem is I haven't done physics in a while and only did 1st year orgo and physical chem.

Do you think taking a physics/2nd year chem course would help me do better on the MCAT? Or would doing the Princeton review course be sufficient?

Another physics and 2nd year chem course might be useful for schools that have those as prereqs and might familiarise yourself with the material, but the Princeton review course will be higher yield since they will only teach you the stuff that can be tested on the MCAT. Take both if you can, but if you can't then take the Princeton review.

Hi,

I just finished my 2nd year at U of T and am planning on doing the MCAT next summer. The problem is I haven't done physics in a while and only did 1st year orgo and physical chem.

Do you think taking a physics/2nd year chem course would help me do better on the MCAT? Or would doing the Princeton review course be sufficient?

Many students find themselves in the same/similar situation as yours. I think you'd be surprised how much comes back to you when you look at a review book. Don't well on the MCAT isn't solely determined by what couses you take. Unless you really like physics/chem and think you'll get a good grade in the 2nd year courses, I wouldn't bother taking them.

Archived