Premed 101 Forums

box spring & mattresses for your bed

thehockeykid

So next year i will be living off residence and I found that a double mattress will cost around 700dollars for the box spring and mattresses. how much much are you willing to spend on a box spring & mattress?

side topic: I know many people dont use box springs but I really find when i use a box spring it to be so much more comfortable when I sleep.

My current mattress was my Christmas gift 1 year ago and I think it was around $450 or so. I don't have, and never had, a box spring. My mattress lies on a wooden box which is incredibly simple but effective for me. I think paying a bit more to be comfortable for years to come is a good investment though :)

I got mine at Sears for around 650. Sometimes you can get them cheaper (like 100 dollars off) if you take a mix and match set. All this means is that the color of the box spring may not match the color of the mattress, which isn't a big deal after you put sheets on the mattress. Also, try to get them to throw in a free bed frame or mattress pad/protector. Both of those are usually needed so as not to void the warranty anyway.

Archived