Premed 101 Forums

Summer school

Hey,

I was hoping to get feedback in regards to dropping a summer school course. This past year I took a full course load first semester, but second semester I was working so I had to drop a 1/2 year course. I was hoping to make up the 0.5 this summer, but the MCAT is taking up a signifcant portion of my time. My GPA for this past year was decent 3.8, I know some schools don't take summer school, while others do and that's why I decided to take this course, but if I do drop it will show up a withdrawn on this summer turn. Should I just bear it out or drop it? Thanks!

I also had a similar question. I was wondering if dropping a course in the summer had any effect on the weighing formula, if we were to take full course load in the regular terms. And if one decides to take courses in the summer, do they have to take a full course load to remain eligible for the weighing formula?

I also had a similar question. I was wondering if dropping a course in the summer had any effect on the weighing formula, if we were to take full course load in the regular terms.
No

And if one decides to take courses in the summer, do they have to take a full course load to remain eligible for the weighing formula?
It depends on the school. Some schools (like Ottawa) look at a summer credit and count it towards the regular academic year. Other schools only look at the courses you took from Sept to May. To be safe, you should always aim to have a full course load in the academic year.

Archived